"Not what i expected, life changed and i got promises that the Americans could not provide"

1.0
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Charleston, SC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Volvo Car USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Long hours equal more money, that is a con too. Nice people, but they are getting angry daily Potential union, which i do not believe in but this location needs it. Clean locker rooms to shower in Smoking is not allowed everywhere Free coffee

Cons

Everything, no communication, little direction and we make vehicles for no one. I mean, i was fooled by the Swedish people when they said this will be a culture to stay. If you think about working here for anything other than the money, do not do it. Before you sign on, go look at the parking lot, 8,000 vehicles made, 6,000 in the parking lot that cannot be sold. Joke HR is not existent, no policies for a year since i was hired. How many days can i miss, not sure i guess it is up to my supervisor. When i left there was still no policy book and we all just printed random information off the online site. Not sure if it is even real. What a joke.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Intern - Legal Extern in Ridgeville, SC

I worked at Volvo Car USA for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, great people, high level of corporate social responsibility. And Fika! (look it up)

Cons

The plant is located in a rural area (no lunch options other than bringing your own or the cafe on-site).

"Terrible culture, incompetent managers, all the talent is leaving"

1.0
    Current Employee - Engineer in Ridgeville, SC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Volvo Car USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

VELP program is awesome. Reasonably priced and the whole family is eligible. Decent benefits.

Cons

Startup is over- policies are still an afterthought. Production, Quality, Human Resources are all grasping at whatever is shiny at the moment. Lean initiative left salaried associates with more duties and less support as they cover multiple roles. Made a Headcount Per Vehicle number at the expense of 400 temps who were here only because of management incompetence. The hourly associates that remain can’t even make 40 hours, but more cuts are needed. The Swedish culture has been eradicated and replaced by American stubbornness and leadership by fear.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Volvo Car USA.