1. "Great place"

4.0

I worked at VarageSale full-time

Pros

I was there a while... went through a few shuffles. In general the team was excellent and the environment fun to be part of. Lots of valley like perks in the great office space

Cons

Highly competitive market makes space dicey to be in.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Great culture: A unicorn in the world of startups"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at VarageSale

Pros

The company culture was phenomenal. Everyone that stepped into their position at VarageSale had the same motivation to make the company successful. It always felt like a second family. The opportunity to be a part of the company's development was encouraged in all positions.

Cons

It won't be easy finding a company that values their employees as much as VarageSale does. Startups can't provide certainty in the longevity of an employee's position, even though my time there was short, it provided so much value.

2. "Admin on a Power High"

1.0
    Current Freelancer - Community Administrative in Markham, ON

I have been working at VarageSale for more than a year

Pros

None - it's a crappy platform and being an admin doesn't help you get heard by anyone either.

Cons

I admin for 2 communities, so I understand rules and the need for them, but.... Admin for 95% of the Southern Ontario community admins bans people from her community if she knows you have a business and post anything in her communites, even if you don't refer to your business. For example, I refinish furniture. I have posted my furniture in the second hand furniture section with ZERO mentions to my business. It's just second hand furniture for sale. She has taken me and a handful of other furniture artists off the platform because she thinks it's promoting out businesses.... even with no mention of our businesses at all.... so she has either failed the Police Academy and gets her jollies being an admin who can ban people, or she's a really crappy furniture artist and is afraid of the competition. She has NO other internet presence. No FB, no IG, nothing. There are numerous FB posts going around complaining about her and how she is single handedly destroying the platform. I'm surprised she hasn't been sued by VS for being responsible for so many people leaving! Taking my business to Lyst!

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about VarageSale.