Unilever - Great Place to Learn | Glassdoor.ca

"Great Place to Learn"

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Leatherhead, England (UK)
Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Leatherhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Unilever full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours along with a team full of friendly people who want you to learn as much as possible is the best part about it. Each Brand Manager also loves their brand personally which makes them put so much effort into their work.

Cons

The pay isn't the best considering the size of the company, also the fact you have to live 1 hour by public transport to obtain parking (luckily I can get parking)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with one of the best training programmes in the UK! Everyone is happy and loves their jobs

Unilever Response

24 May, 2016 – The Talent Team

Hi. Thank you very much for providing feedback on your role. It's great to see that you mention our flexible working, learning opportunities and passion for the brands as particular positives. We'll... More

Other Employee Reviews for Unilever

"Okay experience"

I worked at Unilever full-time

Pros

benefits are decent; good location; fun atmosphere

Cons

Coworkers will throw others under bus to get ahead; competitive; poor middle management

Unilever Response

1 Jul, 2016 – The Talent Team

Hi. Thank you very much for leaving a review of your former role with us. it's great to see that you had a positive time with us. We'll ensure to pass on your comments to the team. We hope your... More

2. "Supporting North America Business"

Current Intern - Geo IT in Englewood Cliffs, NJ (US)
    Current Intern - Geo IT in Englewood Cliffs, NJ (US)

I have been working at Unilever as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Unilever is a gracious host and it takes care of its employees. They provide you with a stipend to live in the city. Then they provide a shuttle transportation service to get to work and back home. The company has tons of intern involvement activities and the managers, mentors and buddy system they set up for you makes you feel like you have a piece of ownership in the company. The amount of help you receive from managers and even people out of your field that may have knowledge makes one feel like they are in a team oriented environment.

Cons

I strongly feel that SC, FIN, and MKT are showed to be more important at this campus and that IT needs to be more recognized. During conferences and meetings we never really receive any type of recognition and people just know we are IT but don't have a clue what IT is doing for the company.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to talk to directors and managers from other aspects of the business and let them know that we exist to. The first day during orientation we as an IT barely were recognized. Most of the presenters are automatically geared toward the three aspects of business rather than involving IT or even HR. It seems that sometimes IT is undervalued.