Ungerboeck Software International - Satisfied and happy - You should be too | Glassdoor.ca

"Satisfied and happy - You should be too"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dardenne Prairie, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working for Ungerboeck now for 2 years. The place isn't perfect (what company is?) but I have found a home. This company is made up of great people working together to achieve what would be impossible for most. We produce techonology solutions for an exciting space flush with challenges and opportunities. This makes it both tough and thrilling. Each customer and product is hard-earned but the victory is satisfying. This company seems to embrace the management philosophy of getting the right people on the bus and in the right seat. They gave me a chance and have encouraged my growth (I hope it could be described as flourishing but someone else can speak for my performance). Great people, great product, great future. I'm excited about our future. About other reviews...Realize some people are eternally unhappy and they are usually the loudest, others would never speak an ill word about someone or something else. I believe myself to be a fairly even-minded person but my review is also colored by my experience. Experiences are subjective; mine, negative reviewers, and glowing reviews. Yours would be too. Give the company a chance, give the people here a chance. The 'risk' is worth the reward.

Cons

I have hardly a thing to complain about I am compelled to list a few areas of improvement. If you are looking for a job to make you rich quick, keep chasing the rainbow for that pot of gold. The benefits are comfortable and the salary is fair; just not flashy. Our leadership has solid vision and strategy but I want more. I want a tight strategy with achievable tactics that factor environmental risks and opportunities. We are charting a new direction amidst a rapidly-shifiting techonogical environment and it will require sharp people, tactics, and a pinch of luck. I'd like more mentorship and coaching. Efforts are being made but we need more opportunities for professional and leadership development.

Ungerboeck Software International2018-06-28

Other Employee Reviews

"Good Core...and Growth & Opportunity are Knocking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people first and foremost make up the heart of Ungerboeck. Very talented, kind & genuine people at all levels of the company & there are constant opportunities to get involved both before & after work. The company encourages their employees to be comfortable...relaxed dress code, fresh fruit/snacks, and a volleyball court are just some of the perks. The industry is challenging, but ripe with opportunity. The company is at a point now where it could rapidly expand in the near future, so people that are willing to take the initiative and drive that growth should find themselves (careers) in a great position moving forward. How many other companies in the St. Louis area are you going to find that work with the top convention centers, stadiums, universities, and exhibition clients all over the world? Benefits include a great 401(k) match, dental/health insurance, gym membership, and even access to a training program onsite once you've been with the company long-enough. The last, and perhaps greatest plus, is the time flexibility & understanding or the work-life balance that everyone needs. The ability to work from home and/or use flextime allows me to take care of my family, get a work out in over lunch, or just be more comfortable at the office is a tremendous benefit.

Cons

Growing a company doesn't come without some growing pains, whether its restructuring departments for expansion or implementing more efficient processes & systems. Communication & execution for such endeavors isn't always the cleanest, but is improving.

Ungerboeck Software International2019-01-23
  2. "Unprecedented work environment and corporate culture"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International

Pros

Ungerboeck is the perfect place to begin or advance your career. USI's workforce and the autonomous atmosphere they promote has helped me grow professionally and sharpen my skills. A high value is placed on work-life balance which seems to make a big difference in the lives of employees - everyone seems genuinely content in their positions. All employees are encouraged to share new ideas and collaborate in a non-competitive environment. The career growth potential, friendly coworkers and fun events really set Ungerboeck apart from other tech companies in the region. I feel fortunate to be a part of such an organization.

Cons

I cannot pinpoint any downsides to working here.

Ungerboeck Software International2018-09-13

Discover more reviews about Ungerboeck Software International.