Ungerboeck Software International - Growth! | Glassdoor.ca

"Growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For me, the most notable pro about working at Ungerboeck has been the professional and personal development/growth I have experienced since I joined the company nearly 4 years ago. We have certainly had our challenges over the past year and half. Leadership has changed and the business model has evolved to better reflect current software industry trends (both business model wise and software technology wise), and because of those changes our comfort zones get challenged a bit. However, it has been through those challenges that I have grown as a person, and what more could someone ask for from an employer besides opportunities to grow and develop both personally and professionally? The flexibility of schedules, the focus on health and wellness and an overall desire to work hard and produce really cool stuff that offers solutions to customer problems is...quite fun, albeit challenging at times. But it's a challenge to overcome and that's what makes it rewarding at the of the day. In summary, there is no perfect business out there, no company that does not have opportunities to evolve their message, their product and their customer service. We exist in a space (software) that you must always be evolving and getting better. I totally believe that is what we've done over the past year and half. Has it been uncomfortable at times? Yes. Has it been challenging at times? Yes. Has it been fun? Totally. I will say what I said earlier, I have grown tremendously by working through those challenging and fun times. And that is a benefit that won't ever show up on a website.

Cons

I have read a lot on here about the building look/fee and I would agree that it's time for an update, a bit more of a modern feel would be nice, I mean the 90's were great, but that was while ago and the decor from that era should be updated to better reflect the drive for innovation that exists within the product and offerings. At times there can be a feeling that messaging is too positive and that we don't seek enough critical feedback on product or processes, so I think we need to be OK talking about the stuff that goes wrong and what we can do to learn from it.

Ungerboeck Software International2018-05-09

Other Employee Reviews

"Good Core...and Growth & Opportunity are Knocking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Pros

The people first and foremost make up the heart of Ungerboeck. Very talented, kind & genuine people at all levels of the company & there are constant opportunities to get involved both before & after work. The company encourages their employees to be comfortable...relaxed dress code, fresh fruit/snacks, and a volleyball court are just some of the perks. The industry is challenging, but ripe with opportunity. The company is at a point now where it could rapidly expand in the near future, so people that are willing to take the initiative and drive that growth should find themselves (careers) in a great position moving forward. How many other companies in the St. Louis area are you going to find that work with the top convention centers, stadiums, universities, and exhibition clients all over the world? Benefits include a great 401(k) match, dental/health insurance, gym membership, and even access to a training program onsite once you've been with the company long-enough. The last, and perhaps greatest plus, is the time flexibility & understanding or the work-life balance that everyone needs. The ability to work from home and/or use flextime allows me to take care of my family, get a work out in over lunch, or just be more comfortable at the office is a tremendous benefit.

Cons

Growing a company doesn't come without some growing pains, whether its restructuring departments for expansion or implementing more efficient processes & systems. Communication & execution for such endeavors isn't always the cleanest, but is improving.

Ungerboeck Software International2019-01-23
  2. "Unprecedented work environment and corporate culture"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International

Pros

Ungerboeck is the perfect place to begin or advance your career. USI's workforce and the autonomous atmosphere they promote has helped me grow professionally and sharpen my skills. A high value is placed on work-life balance which seems to make a big difference in the lives of employees - everyone seems genuinely content in their positions. All employees are encouraged to share new ideas and collaborate in a non-competitive environment. The career growth potential, friendly coworkers and fun events really set Ungerboeck apart from other tech companies in the region. I feel fortunate to be a part of such an organization.

Cons

I cannot pinpoint any downsides to working here.

Ungerboeck Software International2018-09-13

Discover more reviews about Ungerboeck Software International.