Uber - Amazing team and culture | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Amazing team and culture"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing teams and culture - Challenging, interesting and impactful work - Very transparent company

Cons

Ongoing changes in the health care space

Advice to Management

Lets conquer the world!

Uber2019-05-28

"There's a lot of good while you're working here."

Current Employee - Software Engineer-I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are amazing. You get enough uber credits for 15 trips in your work city (about $300 for me) that you can also use for uber eats, a fitness credit, a phone credit, and free breakfast and lunch during the work week. Depending on the team it's also quite relaxed, so long as I'm getting my work done my manager is perfectly happy. Also, unlimited time off is actually really good if your manager is chill. I also work in infra, and the career opportunity is amazing. The engineers I work with quite simply are brilliant.

Cons

There were a bunch of layoffs when I was starting out & lots of worry about the current company stock price. The company isn't completely structurally sound so starting at this job you're taking a certain amount of risk. Like job security is non-existent here; there's little caring about the employees future. ALSO they don't match 401k which in this day and age is crazy.

Advice to Management

Match 401k and try not to do mass firings.

Uber2019-11-05

"On a Great Path Forward!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

High standards, but high devotion as well. They're committed to my success as much as they are their own. And man...the workplace perks are a huge plus. Feels like I'm working towards a better future for myself and my city.

Cons

No 401k match. I get it, they want you to invest in the company, but I'd rather have more retirement than snacks and catered food. Probably a minority opinion but still notable.

Advice to Management

Continue on your road to transparency. Don't be dismayed by emotional employee reactions to leadership decisions, take it as an opportunity to practice your presentation skills. Communication is key!

Uber2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about Uber.