Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pinch me! Is this real?!

Apr 1, 2021 - Product Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Tucows for a little under a year now and it's truly been a breath of fresh air. Tucows is a company that is diverse and truly values people of colour. The company have real, authentic conversations about racial and gender injustice. Discussions lead to action items that are actioned upon. Leadership empowers you to make decisions and leadership is approachable regardless of their title. Lastly, the employee benefits are simply amazing.

Cons

Tucows embraces video conferencing quite a lot - maybe too much. I would love for Tucows to advise employees to only use video when face time is necessary as this can be very draining when working remotely.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Tucows Response

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. We're happy you're enjoying it here at Tucows. We appreciate your feedback, and rest assured we're working on improving the way we communicate internally. Like our Better Meetings Program, we're piloting initiatives to make sure we make remote work, work better for everyone.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Long Term Future

May 6, 2021 - Senior Automation Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, leading edge technologies and overall great opportunity for the long term.

Cons

Fast growth with moderate turnover.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Learn, Great Place to Grow

Apr 1, 2021 - Construction Supervisor in New Castle, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of internal growth opportunity -So many great people here -Growing industry -Good atmosphere. Lots of laughs. The kind of place where you can grab a beer with co-workers after work. -They look out for their employees. -Most employees are salaried and have reasonable work hours.

Cons

-Growing into a full-scale ISP takes time. Things can move slowly sometimes. -Flexibility and cross-training are high priority here. If you're the kind of person that wants to have a specialist job, you might not fit in.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Tucows.