Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, maybe lacking in direction

Oct 16, 2015 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. Everyone was respectful, everyone had a ton of fun, and there were plenty of opportunities to learn at regularly scheduled "learning lunches." Individual employees were given a lot of freedom in both how to accomplish the tasks they were given and the manner in which they worked, as long as those freedoms were not abused.

Cons

No clear sense of how to transition out of traditional mobile "decoration" games from management. No game designers were on staff when I was there, and after a series of layoffs employee morale took quite a hit.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good, passionate people trying to make great games.

Nov 11, 2017 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s catered lunch a few days a week and catered dinner. Work life balance is mostly good other than understandably right before a big game release. Best coworkers you will ever work with!

Cons

401k marching is non existent. No bonuses or equity or any other structure exists to make me feel like I have a stake in company success.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is Hard Work!

Sep 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I believe that TinyCo doesn't hire just experienced people, or "good" people, or "bad" people, I think they try to hire the right people to make F2P mobile games, and sometimes experience doesn't mean results, I like that the culture is results driven. - I've learned a ton, maybe I'd even say a crap load. - I feel like I matter here, and that people want me to actually give me opinions and thoughts directly and its not encumbered by red tape or dumb managers - The people are amazing here. Everyone is positive, bright, helpful and there are almost no politics. People have fun and like to spend time with one another and no one is left out. - Great pipeline of game projects that we are very excited about.

Cons

- I wish there was more of a management structure and that the company was organized in general, it's a bit of a mess and sometimes the lack of structure creates craziness. I guess its better that there isn't too much management like other companies, but more would help. - Projects are a bit unstructured as well, but I think they are getting much better. I think if we keep having hits and investing in teams and management the company could get there. - Management is a bit slow to act... Decisions feel like they take a lifetime to be made and trickle down even for simple things. - The office is kind of craptastic, but its not bad, just not... pretty.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TinyCo.