The Siegfried Group - Hit or Miss | Glassdoor.ca

"Hit or Miss"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Siegfried offers a good base salary and has great benefits such as a stipend every year to help grow your network, as well as money towards health and wellness. Management seems approachable and is very transparent.

Cons

Bonuses are mainly based on how many hours the client gives you which can be very limited. Even if you're willing to work more hours, you may not have the ability to do so. This job may be great for senior associates, but I found at the manager level it felt like I was taking a step back in my career and I wasn't being challenged. The clients I got placed on I felt like I was just doing busy work and it was hard to... stay motivated. I found that the experiences I did get looked good on my resume on paper, but did not challenge me as a person. Most of the time I felt like I was an intern reporting to someone who had less experience than I did, which was incredibly frustrating. What you get out of this experience is very client dependent, so others may have a better time than I did. I was promised to be challenged and learn new things, but at the manager level I found it was hard to even get placed on a client because at that level they wanted someone who had specific experience in something, and if I didn't have that then the client was not interested. There were times that I got really exciting opportunities passed along to me and I expressed interest, but then never heard anything back. It got my hopes up a lot of the time. There was a lot of people "on the bench" at my time here that weren't getting placed. If you're on the bench too long, you are forced to use your vacation time. If your client has off work for a holiday, but you don't, you are also forced to use your vacation time. There was a lot of pressure for us to introduce our networks to management for future business. This is the nature of the business, but it felt forced and uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

You need to find a way to get more challenging projects and experiences for managers and above.

The Siegfried Group2019-07-30
  1. "High on Promises, Low on Results"

Former Freelancer - Senior Consultant

I worked at The Siegfried Group for more than a year

Pros

The pay relatively well compared to industry standards

Cons

Poor employee development and feedback on career progression

Advice to Management

Hire more professional resource directors and take the progression and advancement of employees more seriously.

The Siegfried Group2019-09-07

"Terrible Company to Work For, Zero Trust in Siegfried Leadership"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a lot of good colleagues who were skilled

Cons

The people who send us out to work at clients are a bunch of buffoons! Some are not even accountants and you will receive arbitrary ratings based solely on someone at the company. A vast majority of the people I worked with at Siegfried think that the local leadership, such as Directors and Regional Directors are total scumbags that you should not put any faith in. The work may be good but the "leadership" who... oversee the Professional Resources cannot be trusted and will lie to your face. Its a sad fact about The Siegfried Group, most resources will take their high payouts and jump ship, rather than stay in the cesspool that the organization is in.

Advice to Management

Fire and replace

The Siegfried Group2018-12-26

Discover more reviews about The Siegfried Group.