1. COVID-19

"Great work life balance and Employee Engagement"

5.0
    Current Employee - Network Manager in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at The Conference Board of Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Conference Board has been fully remote since March 13th when COVID measures were put in place. Our employee engagement and productivity levels have been great, maybe even better than when in the building so CBoC has decided to put the building up for sale and become a fully remote work environment. This is great for work life balance. The employees are putting in extra effort to connect and empower each other. The executive team has implemented several working groups to look at all areas of becoming remote and are committed to making it a good experience for all staff. The management team has really come together and seems to have weeded out all of the earlier issues from our organizational re-brand last year. I highly recommend working at the Conference Board.

Cons

Due to COVID-19 there are some temporary lay offs and spending measures that had to be done. I’m sure when we come out of this all will go back to normal and measures will be undone.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "After 2 years of restructuring, Economic Forecast team is a great place to be."

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Economist

I worked at The Conference Board of Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to contribute right away - entrepreneurial spirit is welcome; Great mentors for economists at the start of their careers; Flexibility with work hours - a results based workload; Very friendly and smart people; Exposure to a variety of projects

Cons

It can get busy but the work is really interesting

"Working on Things"

2.0
    Current Employee - Administration
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Conference Board of Canada full-time

Pros

Working on progressing. It is now a fully remote organization.

Cons

Lots of work to go around. You will not be bored!

Discover more reviews about The Conference Board of Canada.