Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Classic Ivory Tower

Sep 18, 2014 - Ad Product in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The location and office is great. Initially the challenge was interesting however the culture really inhibited individuals from making big things happen. Lots of good snacks, beer and outings to inspire the teams. The worker bees are good people.

Cons

Strategy has waned down to a simple ad play that isn't all that interesting to insiders or outsiders. The leadership mostly sit in their glass houses (literally glass boxes) and hold navel gazing meetings with mix bag positive spun side talk but rarely engage with people otherwise. Not really innovators in the platform space.

5 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company focused on the end product, and here to help you grow professionally.

Sep 15, 2014 - Associate Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• The opportunity to grow is definitely there. • In such a small company, it’s easy to make a positive impact, and it’s noticed. • The industry is incredibly exciting, and the company has a strong team. • Most recently, Technorati sponsored my personal development through a PM course. • Technorati has a strong focus on the work-life balance. Extra hours are never been expected but it rarely goes unnoticed. • The office environment is fun, • We make solid hires. I'm from the Bay Area, but many of my close friends are current or former Technorati Employees. • Happy hours, company summits and bonding opportunities aplenty. • The work-from-home policy is generous. You probably won't be a full pajama-clad 24/7 WFH employee but it's not an issue if you have something to do that prevents you from making it into the office.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I really, really enjoy working here and I would recommend the company to anyone who feels like they would be a great fit.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Destined to close

May 29, 2019 - IT Engineer, Senior in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment. Lots of food and drinks. Excellent view of downtown SF. Loved those hotcakes!

Cons

Waste of resources and money. Absurd expenses in nonsense things. Lack of confidence in their employees. Lots of time consuming and boring meetings.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Technorati.