Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

CEO is utterly clueless

Aug 17, 2014 - Freelance Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This WAS a 'go to' place for bloggers and current information, no idea what suddenly went so wrong.

Cons

I am/was a freelance writer for this place, and it was a cool gig, I turned around stories quickly for them, I got a ton of eyes on my stories and they were popular. Then around May 2014 they changed their publishing backend from whatever archaic crap they were using to Wordpress. No notice to anyone, they killed their history and content and the site would go down repeatedly, for weeks at a time. I think someones son in law in high school is the CTO now or something. I had 3 excellent articles lined up and then on August 13 we all got a notice they weren't going to publish any more. Oddly, the same day that this new glowing review came in.

5 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company focused on the end product, and here to help you grow professionally.

Sep 15, 2014 - Associate Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• The opportunity to grow is definitely there. • In such a small company, it’s easy to make a positive impact, and it’s noticed. • The industry is incredibly exciting, and the company has a strong team. • Most recently, Technorati sponsored my personal development through a PM course. • Technorati has a strong focus on the work-life balance. Extra hours are never been expected but it rarely goes unnoticed. • The office environment is fun, • We make solid hires. I'm from the Bay Area, but many of my close friends are current or former Technorati Employees. • Happy hours, company summits and bonding opportunities aplenty. • The work-from-home policy is generous. You probably won't be a full pajama-clad 24/7 WFH employee but it's not an issue if you have something to do that prevents you from making it into the office.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I really, really enjoy working here and I would recommend the company to anyone who feels like they would be a great fit.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Destined to close

May 29, 2019 - IT Engineer, Senior in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment. Lots of food and drinks. Excellent view of downtown SF. Loved those hotcakes!

Cons

Waste of resources and money. Absurd expenses in nonsense things. Lack of confidence in their employees. Lots of time consuming and boring meetings.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Technorati.