Employee Review

Former Employee

It was a great idea in 2003

Oct 28, 2008 - Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's proximity to South Park, where there are many good restaurants to eat at. There are still some smart people at Technorati, but the vast majority of the "stars" left long ago for greener pastures. Even two years ago it was worth it just to be surrounded by good thinkers and lot of energy, excitement.

Cons

Bad engineering, unstable platform, lots of fire drills, website no one wants. It was a great idea when it started, bloggers loved it. Not sure what the current direction is, but serving ads to blog readers is done better by Google.

2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company focused on the end product, and here to help you grow professionally.

Sep 15, 2014 - Associate Product Manager in Riverview, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

• The opportunity to grow is definitely there. • In such a small company, it’s easy to make a positive impact, and it’s noticed. • The industry is incredibly exciting, and the company has a strong team. • Most recently, Technorati sponsored my personal development through a PM course. • Technorati has a strong focus on the work-life balance. Extra hours are never been expected but it rarely goes unnoticed. • The office environment is fun, • We make solid hires. I'm from the Bay Area, but many of my close friends are current or former Technorati Employees. • Happy hours, company summits and bonding opportunities aplenty. • The work-from-home policy is generous. You probably won't be a full pajama-clad 24/7 WFH employee but it's not an issue if you have something to do that prevents you from making it into the office.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I really, really enjoy working here and I would recommend the company to anyone who feels like they would be a great fit.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Destined to close

May 29, 2019 - IT Engineer, Senior in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment. Lots of food and drinks. Excellent view of downtown SF. Loved those hotcakes!

Cons

Waste of resources and money. Absurd expenses in nonsense things. Lack of confidence in their employees. Lots of time consuming and boring meetings.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Technorati.