SurpriseHR - The Job I Didn't Realize I Needed | Glassdoor.ca

"The Job I Didn't Realize I Needed"

Current Employee - Concierge in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SurpriseHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great job for people who are looking to transition into a day job or are fresh out of college and looking to build up a marketable skill set. Being fresh out of college and having only done coffee shop jobs, Surprise HR has helped me develop a wide skill set including working independently or with a team, communication skills, and leadership. From day one, I was told that I would work harder here than any other job I've had and I'd say that still holds true. I am certain that I whenever I choose to leave Surprise HR that I will be in a much better position from all that I've learned here.

Cons

Work days are sometimes longer than 9AM to 6PM. Occasionally you will be required to work weekends as well.

SurpriseHR2019-04-16

Other Employee Reviews

"Unlike other posters I have really enjoyed it here"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SurpriseHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been here for some time now and have really enjoyed working here. Since I started I have felt informed and the company is regularly checking in to make sure I have all the tools to succeed at my job. It's hard, fast work but It's also exciting to see the impact I have on our customers.

Cons

I would chalk up most to growing pain, like sometimes things move so fast but not always in sync

Continue reading
    SurpriseHR2020-04-03

"Great mission, better people"

Former Employee - Operations in Raleigh, NC

I worked at SurpriseHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

The business vision at Surprise is very ambitious and the product has incredible potential. But it's the people that really bring it all together. Everyone truly believes in the mission and works together to achieve it. There is a strong work ethic at all levels, lots of responsibility and a sense of ownership. The founders and executive team are very approachable and always open for feedback.

Cons

As expected with any startup, the expectations are high and hours can be long. This can be BAD news for certain people who are not cut out for it! There are also occasional changes while certain processes are being fleshed out.

Continue reading
    SurpriseHR2020-04-02

Discover more reviews about SurpriseHR.