SunTrust - Its a Great Place to work! | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

"Its a Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Banking Relationship Manager
Current Employee - Business Banking Relationship Manager

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the Benefits including 401(K) are very competitive. The culture is very good and they do want to help people as well as shareholders. My local management team is very knowledgeable I would recommend working.

Cons

I work in Commercial banking but I believe that it is getting very difficult for my partners in the branches. I would recommend only people that have worked for other banks and know the "branch" sales goals and are ok with that kind of culture.

Advice to Management

Overall I think the Management at SunTrust is very good. I do believe however that it is ok for us to be in the business of making money and we don't have to make it sound like everything you are doing is for a the benefit of the client and then charge them fees. Yes we charges fees.

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

1. "Working at Suntrust"

Current Employee - FInancial Services Representative III in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - FInancial Services Representative III in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great team atmosphere
    -Ok starting salary
    -Excellent benefits package and 401k
    -Best part is your work does not leave the work place. I have never had a job that once I walk out of the work place, I do not have finish, emails to check, or deadlines to worry about.

Cons

-New sales point system is odd and hard to figure out
    -You have to refer certain services to teammates (investments), and relay on them to close or offer the best solution
    -Old sales and service structure was way better and provided teammates more bonus incentives

Advice to Management

Change back your licensed banker program to the old model, and inturn allow bankers do what is best for the client and put more wages back in their pocket.

"Unrealistic Goals"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at SunTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. SunTrust was once a great hybrid of community and corporate (much like Wachovia)... now the company has gone full corporate retard.

Cons

-Upper management in the Tampa Bay area has been replaced by BoA and Wells Fargo clones.
    -Monthly cash commission system was stripped in 2013 and replaced by a bogus quarterly point system that is unattainable in 90% of the branches.
    -Cold calling... PBs & CSSs are essentially glorified telemarketers with 10 times the responsibility.

Advice to Management

Hah... like they even care.