Success Academy Charter Schools - Middle School Lead Teacher | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Middle School Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The growth that I have had in the past four years as a teacher surpasses the experience I could have had elsewhere. Success pushes for your development as a teacher, forming you to be the best version of yourself in front of children. That being said, your development also depends on who your school leaders are. However, Success as an organization is quick to make changes, so they will recognize when something is... not working and work towards improving it. Additionally, the benefits you receive are an added plus.

Cons

The work life balance is difficult. We do work long hours and have a lot of expectations as a teacher. As mentioned above, your experience can also vary depending on your school leader. If you cannot handle stress, then teaching will not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Do not forget your experiences as a teacher when making systems for teachers.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-17

"Outstanding teacher and staff development!"

Current Employee - Assistant Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Success Academy was my first teaching job out of my masters program and I am so grateful for this. The professional development you find at success is truly hard to come by. It is here that I learned more about teaching than I have throughout my undergraduate and masters degree because of the level of development Success puts into each and every teacher. Leadership is always in your classroom giving you... actionable feedback and leading you through purposeful and rich professional development sessions. You are constantly asked what your goals are and how they can best support you in achieving them. It is not an easy job. It requires grit and passion - but it is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had. I have now been with Success for 8 years and have developed into an Assistant Principal role. What I love most is that my development hasn't stopped. I am constantly supported in how I could be better. It is a job where I never feel stuck in a routine or bored. I feel challenged every day and absolutely love it. Whether you are fresh out of school or are looking to further your development, I highly recommend giving Success a try.

Cons

It isn't an easy job and they are looking for highly motivated individuals. However, it is a job that is hard to pass up when you consider the development you will receive and the impact you can have.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-23
  2. "Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

Support from leadership Kids Awesome math curriculum

Cons

Hours Leadership should be more transparent. Decisions are confusing and make staff frustrated. Data driven

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-11-28

Discover more reviews about Success Academy Charter Schools.