SterlingFreeman - Michael Sterling Still Owes Me Money. I cannot reach him. Don't use him for anything. | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Michael Sterling Still Owes Me Money. I cannot reach him. Don't use him for anything."

Current Employee - Recruiter
Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at SterlingFreeman full-time

Pros

Great Team. Great Clients. Great Industry. Used to be a wonderful place to work. Not sure how intentional some/all of this was. It may have been an accident. Like a really big happy accident

Cons

I have been receiving late paychecks on and off for the last year and I am still owed money.

How much? I'm not sure. His math and my math did not match. And he won't respond about why it does or does not. Either I do not have the correct contact information for the Managing Director or he is ignoring me. While I would like to assume that he's ignoring me...none of this can be confirmed.

Clients have reached out to me to say that they have not heard from him and that they would like their refundable deposit back. I've sent them everything I know in regards to his whereabouts; but I don't know much more than them.

A client has informed me that they can no longer work with our organization because of a letter they received from the IRS that instructs them to be paid first. I have not seen the letter, but I do trust my client.

A colleague has informed me that Michael has requested a loan from them.

I was never formally let go or fired. Just sent inaccurate pay stubs that did not match any of the amounts received.

While some coworkers and clients have heard from him, I have not. Not sure how he picks and chooses who to respond to, but it's definitely not me.

Advice to Management

Communicate with clients and staff.
Provide accurate documentation.
It's possible that abandoning your team on a Friday morning before the busiest time of the year...was not the best exit strategy.
Stop making promises that you know are false.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Recruiting Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiting Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at SterlingFreeman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule but not much else.

Cons

Late paychecks. Still unpaid for work done 3 months ago. Client firms are owed money too. IRS liens against owner.

"Untrustworthy - Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at SterlingFreeman full-time

Pros

None. Do not use SterlingFreeman services.

Cons

This firm is a fraud. Owner owes money to clients, vendors, landlord and all former staff. 30 years of tax evasion. State and federal liens. No staff left at company. Michael Sterling is running as one man band. Need a recruiter? Look for an ethical one - stay away from SterlingFreeman.

Discover more reviews about SterlingFreeman.