Sport Chek - Omni channel industry leader. | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Omni channel industry leader."

Current Employee - Store General Manager

I have been working at Sport Chek full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Customer centric organization that is constantly innovating to provide the best experience possible.

Cons

There is some work to do on the back end to sort out allocations issues.

Sport Chek2019-11-03

"Super fun job!"

Current Employee - Footwear Associate in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Sport Chek part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount of course is amazing. As a part timer you have a $2000 limit to spend on discounted merchandise, and everything on discount you are receiving at cost. (This is also a better discount than what Footlocker gives you) If you are a hard and dependable worker, management really shows how much they appreciate you. I'm a part timer and will always receive the max amount of hours. I was also given quite a high... raise after about 6 months of being with the company. Managers are very easy going and even make work fun. They also have no problem with booking time off or adjusting your availability to fit around your schedule. Along with co-workers you always get a few people you may not absolutely love working with, but for the most part co-workers are great as well. You also usually are working with people that you have similar interests with.

Cons

With any retail job you're always going to come into contact with some unpleasant customers. There is also some staff who really don't put any effort into their job, and I sometimes found that management was a little too relaxed or not strict enough with those certain employees.

Advice to Management

I personally think a more in-depth training when it comes to different shoes would be very beneficial. There's very basic training videos in regards to different types of shoes but I personally find them useless. (I was lucky enough to be chosen by management to attend the Footwear Camp, where you meet with vendors from different brands to learn about upcoming releases and they go more in depth with their shoes.)... This was extremely beneficial, and it is unfortunate that only 2-3 people are chosen to go. I therefore think management should at least take the time to have that much of an in depth training with employees.

Sport Chek2017-05-13
  2. "Mediocre"

Former Employee - Softgoods Associate

I worked at Sport Chek full-time

Pros

Great discount Good locations Flexible hours for students \ Good products

Cons

pay isn't very good managers either micromanage or they are immature staff is very young and also immature

Sport Chek2019-04-20

Discover more reviews about Sport Chek.