Sport Chek - My short experience @ Sport Chek | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "My short experience @ Sport Chek"

Former Employee - Footwear Sales Associate in Calgary, AB

I worked at Sport Chek part-time for more than a year

Pros

My boss (also the guy that interviewed me) was a very nice guy, along with 99% of the people I got to work with at Sport Chek! The discount was great. The guy I worked with most of the time had been at Sport Chek for a while prior to my arrival and he was extremely helpful with getting me started. If you are friendly with customers, usually they are friendly with you as well.

Cons

There was one person at my location that did not really like me and actually ignored me when I asked for help on my first couple of shifts. But people like this are rare at Sport Chek because everyone there wants to help you succeed.

Sport Chek2018-03-18

"Super fun job!"

Current Employee - Footwear Associate in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Sport Chek part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount of course is amazing. As a part timer you have a $2000 limit to spend on discounted merchandise, and everything on discount you are receiving at cost. (This is also a better discount than what Footlocker gives you) If you are a hard and dependable worker, management really shows how much they appreciate you. I'm a part timer and will always receive the max amount of hours. I was also given quite a high raise after about 6 months of being with the company. Managers are very easy going and even make work fun. They also have no problem with booking time off or adjusting your availability to fit around your schedule. Along with co-workers you always get a few people you may not absolutely love working with, but for the most part co-workers are great as well. You also usually are working with people that you have similar interests with.

Cons

With any retail job you're always going to come into contact with some unpleasant customers. There is also some staff who really don't put any effort into their job, and I sometimes found that management was a little too relaxed or not strict enough with those certain employees.

Continue reading
    Sport Chek2017-05-13
  2. "Mediocre"

Former Employee - Softgoods Associate

I worked at Sport Chek full-time

Pros

Great discount Good locations Flexible hours for students \ Good products

Cons

pay isn't very good managers either micromanage or they are immature staff is very young and also immature

Sport Chek2019-04-20

Discover more reviews about Sport Chek.