Softchoice - Great company! | Glassdoor.ca

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ive worked at softchoice for over 3 years and made some of the best friends of my life. Lots of free events, trips, prizes promos, Easy to get promoted(been promoted 4 times since being here), dont listen to the negative reviews about salaries it is very easy to overachieve your targets and make more money then OTE says.

Cons

sometimes a little more freedom in TSD would be helpful!

Softchoice2019-07-09
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is amazing! I really enjoy all of the people I work with. There are plenty of opportunities to grow here.

Cons

No real cons for me.

Softchoice2019-09-02
  2. "Low pressure place to learn sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to learn about technology in a relatively welcoming and helpful environment and with limited pressure to perform or hit sales numbers. If you are a good culture fit, your lack of performance or aptitude for your current role will either be ignored, or you'll be shepherded into a different role, doesn't mean that will be a fit either though. Just means you will have the clock reset before you are moved to something different. As mentioned, it is a relatively warm and welcoming environment. If you are a good person and have a good work ethic, you'll be fine. If you are entitled, unintelligent, or lazy, you'll be like the whiny, inexperienced reviews that complain about a "toxic" environment or blame managers for your lack of success. Funny that this website includes spell check, and yet many of the extremely negative reviews still have misspellings. I think that speaks to the intelligence of those reviewers who are going to find the same problem job after job, and continue to blame everyone else for their lack of success. Good benefits package in terms of healthcare. Great work life balance. If you are working more than 40 hours a week, that's your fault for being inefficient.

Cons

Pay is is not only low for the industry, but the comp structure can be complicated and downright misleading. OTE calculations do not match what is messaged and when this is brought to leadership's attention they just shrug. While I mentioned that most of the complaints about a "toxic" environment are the result of whiny and entitled brats, there is a measure of favoritism in which certain high levels of leadership often make a snap judgement of a person based on cursory or superficial traits, without getting to know the person or understanding their skill or work ethic. Maybe it's just sales in general, but there are definitely people who are only looking out for themselves and their careers. The company isn't honest with itself around it's programs and initiatives. Win Wires are manipulated, or mostly fabricated in the value that the company provides. The "lucky" wins in which deals are handed to the company by partners are celebrated as proof of the company value, while critical feedback on initiates, programs, or the managed service offerings are utterly ignored. Changes in the market are spun in such a way to make it appear that Softchoice is primed to capitalize on those changes, instead of the strategy being changed to adapt to whatever those changes are. Microsoft is a perfect example of a changing market not being adapted to. The private equity firm that owns Softchoice is very obviously trying to sell the company. Long term strategy is absolutely being sacrificed for short term profitability. I would not be surprised if the company either ceases to exist entirely in the next 5 years due to lack of long term planning, or is unrecognizable in the next 3 as the result of a sale or merger.

Continue reading
    Softchoice2019-12-06

Discover more reviews about Softchoice.