Sodexo USA - The worst company to work for!! | Glassdoor.ca

"The worst company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Manchester, NH

I worked at Sodexo USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really isn't any you are thrown into it and before you're even comfortable learning things they have you training. I see why the turn over rate is so high with this company. Tell you they have help when you explain your situation which is a SAFETY risk. Only pros are some of the coworkers. They need to treat front end help way better. As well as communicate

Cons

Holding onto checks after made aware of a unhealthy living situation and had no choice but to leave back home. Ask for help at this company they laugh or make matters worse. Don't work for them everybody quits for a reason!! Don't be like me travel 3hrs from home to get your own paycheck same day it's dropped there. Have conversations with multiple employees on your way into state and it's gone when you show up.... They keep people who are on drugs/drama working for them. Everyday you walk into work you can cut the tension with a knife!!! [Pay date Oct 4. It's the 11th I'm stranded in another state waiting for my hard earned money!]

Advice to Management

It's hopeless trying to even dealing with these people. I've been the only reaching out being patient stranded in another state just to keep being pulled on and lied to. Do NOT work for them causes more harm then good. My first intention was finding a long term stable job. I was fooled and disgusted how they treat me.

Sodexo USA2018-10-11

"Modern slave wages"

Current Employee - Custodian in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place and good managers at lower level. Lower managers are cooperative and will help you in anything they can. Also, Colgate employees are very respectful and nice people to work for and with.

Cons

Horrible salary. I believe, if it was not prohibited in the US constitution, whomever is in charged of the salary in here would’ve gladly purchased a few slaves in order to avoid paying their employees and saving that money for the company. This company severely underpaid workers to the point which is straight up unethical. They take the maximum advantage of people with lower working skills, those who don’t believe... in themselves that they could not get another job or migrate to another company, and severely underpaid them. An example of this is that you would need to work for this company in here for over a decade if you want to receive at least the national average salary on many of their position. I wish Colgate, like other big companies such as Apple and Google currently do, would hold their long-term contractors to some ethical standards with their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop seeing lower level employees as a necessary evil and pay them decently.

Sodexo USA2019-11-11
  2. "Easy job friendly environment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Sodexo USA part-time

Pros

great people, great pay for the work

Cons

Not to many things wrong, I really like my job

Sodexo USA2019-10-24

Discover more reviews about Sodexo USA.