1. "Great workforce, uncertain direction"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Desktop Support Engineer in Memphis, TN
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Smith & Nephew full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I really liked working for Smith+Nephew as the people I connected with were all very professional and I made some great relationships. The mission to make quality medical devices for those who need it brings a lot of job satisfaction, and my relationship with my supervisor allowed me to take the time for volunteering and other appointments with good flexibility.

Cons

There is a current policy of moving more IT positions to off-shore service centers, and while the jury is still out on their effectiveness, it appears the company is only looking at the bottom line and not seeing the benefit of retaining expertise for legacy applications and technology. Senior management seems to turn over fairly frequently which to me gives a sense of confusion on the direction of the company. They are intent on acquiring more small companies yet seem to not want to invest in a coherent computer refresh.

Continue reading
  1. COVID-19

"Excellent company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Smith & Nephew full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am very impressed with the leadership's commitment to the employees and customers, especially during the COVID crisis. An excellent company to work for!

Cons

None, I am grateful and proud to be here.

Continue reading
  2. "All around good company."

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Requirements and Test Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Smith & Nephew full-time

Pros

Culture, Compensation, Stock equity program, Medical insurance, coworkers

Cons

Sr. Staff haven't been at the company long Organization is still adapting to an M&A

Discover more reviews about Smith & Nephew.