Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company - Rewarding Growth & Development Experiences | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Rewarding Growth & Development Experiences"

Current Employee - Full - Time Employees in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Sierra Systems make the difference, and the more inquisitive someone is, the more engaged they can become. I've been learning and growing for years, and have had the opportunity to work with all kinds of employees in different departments on new projects and initiatives. Opportunities and challenges are available, and Leaders are accessible. Just start asking questions and talking.

Cons

Take some time to learn the history of the company and get networked with like minded individuals. It doesn't always come easy, but invest some time. Tough decisions are never easy to hear, but different opinions are welcome. Put in the effort to seek out folks who have a balanced perspective because in the middle of sunny optimism and chronic pessimism there's reality.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, good things are happening, ... but maybe it would be better to see more Leaders more often. You can never get enough face time. Just keep making the time.

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company2015-02-20

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Response

May 1, 2015HR Analyst

Thank you so much for your review! I can’t agree more – our people really do take us to the next level. We continue to look for ways to support our employees’ passions and their ability to grow with us. It is very exciting to hear that you continue to find our learning and development ...

1. "Strong Culture"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Victoria, BC

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Sierra for just over 4 years and love the culture. I've worked on great projects and when I hit the bench, I was able to get involved in some internal projects to add value. I am looking forward to another 4 years.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. More social activities I guess but we've already had a few this year.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the teams and keep hiring great people.

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company2019-06-18

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Response

July 3, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time here at Sierra. There are always internal projects to get involved in. Good to know you were able to take advantage of that! :)

2. "A "Middle-of-the-Road" Consulting Experience"

Former Employee - Senior PM

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mostly positive and non-competitive work environment, competent staff, stable salary plans for consultants, most contract work is relatively low stress time and materials or temp replacement gigs with various gov agencies and service providers..

Cons

Shoestring budgets for IT and other office services, laughably small salary increases, no performance bonuses or profit sharing plans, weak HR processes, aloof management.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company2019-08-18

Discover more reviews about Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company.