Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company - Strong Culture | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Strong Culture"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Victoria, BC

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Sierra for just over 4 years and love the culture. I've worked on great projects and when I hit the bench, I was able to get involved in some internal projects to add value. I am looking forward to another 4 years.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. More social activities I guess but we've already had a few this year.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the teams and keep hiring great people.

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company2019-06-18

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Response

July 3, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time here at Sierra. There are always internal projects to get involved in. Good to know you were able to take advantage of that! :)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analysis Specialist in Victoria, BC

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Treated like a mature, responsible person who is trusted to get the job done. Great career advancement support, fair compensation, great culture.

Cons

Can't think of any right now

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company2019-10-11

"People should run away from Sierra Systems in 2019"

Current Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB

Pros

I used to think this is the BEST IT company in Canada with all the benefits, mentor program and WFH options.

Cons

Everything changed after the M&A with NTT data. The management team made fake promises to retain people at the beginning. half-year later, I was shocked to witness how they pushed employees out with traps and lies when they cannot get new projects. The old culture is gone and replaced with so much office politics as the management team themselves are not sure how long NTT Data will keep them. Fun Fact: When... the RRSP company match drops(used to be 4% match 4%, now employees contribute 6% to match 4%) HR said " This initiative is for employees to better manage the financial profile." What a joke!

Advice to Management

Please be honest with your employees and don't tell them nothing will change when you don't even know if you can keep the job till the end of this year. Stop lying, there is a bottom line. Integrity is important for Sierra.

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company2019-10-01

Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Response

October 10, 2019HR Manager

Following our acquisition, we continue to offer comparable benefits and work from home options in addition to the Career Advisor/Career Owner Program. The future is impossible to predict, and we certainly don’t profess to foresee what’s to come. In any event, we always treat our employees with utmost respect and honesty, including at times of uncertainty and where difficult situations/conversations need to take place. Our RRSP employer match did change following our acquisition. That change was communicated in great detail over multiple pieces of communication outlining the differences it may have on employees’ finances and retirement savings plan. We recognize that changes in general have an impact on people as change is always challenging. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Discover more reviews about Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company.