Sierra-Cedar - Love it here | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Love it here"

I have been working at Sierra-Cedar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vacation, flexibility, hours, and co-workers

Cons

No real room for advancement. Otherwise nothing major too mention.

Advice to Management

Make it possible for co-workers to congregate and get to know each other in the office every once in a while.

Sierra-Cedar2018-07-11

Other Employee Reviews

1. "good until they have work for you...then you'll be dropped like a hot potato"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Sierra-Cedar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

hourly pay option is the only good thing I can think of.

Cons

no job security, zero loyalty from management, no training, employees are just a number

Advice to Management

Terrible company to work for overall. I worked for them for over 7 years as an hourly employee. Pay is good but your placement on the next project is solely based on who you know rather than how talented you are. Once your project is over, and your manager doesn't find a new project, you are screwed! The entire company functions based on a 'groupie' mentality. I was on bench for a very long time, and during... this time, I was made clear not to contact them, and wait for them to call you (What kind of company does this??!!). Also, the company refuses to spend money on training and retooling employees. Most of the employees are over the age of 50 and there is no direction in hiring new talent. Unless things change, I don't see a future for SCI. If you young, smart and ready to work hard, look elsewhere!

Sierra-Cedar2018-09-29

"Very clickish"

Former Employee - Client Hosting

I worked at Sierra-Cedar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive salary, and most people work remotely.

Cons

The environment is very clickish and on the hosting side very Peoplesoft heavy. Hosting of other SaaS or ERPs has not been developed.

Advice to Management

Quit promoting incompetence and allow people to apply for positions instead of just moving people into positions they may not want to be moved to.

Sierra-Cedar2019-06-24

Discover more reviews about Sierra-Cedar.