Employee Review

Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great Company to work at

Apr 20, 2021 - Software Engineer, Backend Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great culture - great hours - great benefits

Cons

- remote (but with pandemic thats almost every company)

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 3 years

Great Culture; Sometimes Incremental Work

May 2, 2021 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

The human focused culture at Shopify is second-to-none in Canada, in my opinion.

Cons

The work that I was doing was relatively incremental and I had to zoom out pretty far in order to understand how it might impact real people which is why I chose not to pursue fulltime.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not the old Shopify anymore — what made it great is slowly disappearing

May 18, 2021 - Product Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are nice and friendly to work with which makes the job bearable. Really brilliant folks in some corners of the company that are smart and inspiring. We get some remote benefits but not a lot for a remote company.

Cons

Mass exodus of folks who have been here for 3-10 years ever since fall of last year. Leaves you with a lot of new people trying to get their footing with not a lot of people to show you the ropes. Shopify magic is disappearing with the offices gone and these tenured folks leaving. They know when it’s gone. Be prepared for constantly changing teams and management structures. No UX Researchers, every team has to do their own research and you can imagine how that is going. Product researchers do research for product directors and not for teams.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Shopify.