"Fastest, biggest game in town. Once in a lifetime phase of growth."

Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Waterloo, ON

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Shopify is at the top of the Canadian technology scene. Smart, performance oriented, crazy sustained growth means you will see things you can’t see anywhere else. This is how the big companies you know about happened and it’s happening to a Canadian company. You can help. Wins matter in this business and Shopify is winning.

Cons

Pace and growth rate mean even though the company has the best of intentions, often challenges happen because no one has solved issues yet. Sometimes it’s fun being in the rocket but sometimes the g-forces can get you.

Continue reading

Shopify Response

October 7, 2020Social Care

Hey, there! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback! I can understand your comments about the pace and growth of Shopify. Changes can definitely be challenging. Practicing self awareness and learning to become comfortable with uncertainty can help you thrive in this environment. Our values are the behaviours that are seen in people who are successful at Shopify, but they exist in the context of each person’s team. For example, we value being impactful, but acting alone leads to limited impact. It’s only by working with others that leads to building the best products for our merchants. Again, thank you for your feedback!

"Best place I've ever worked"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

culture leadership remote work / flexibility perks and benefits working with smart, talented, compassionate people company mission and values

Cons

nothing yet, maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I've been here almost a year and I really love it

Continue reading

"Great company, get on board"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for professional growth. Leadership is fully committed to vision. Awesome benefits.

Cons

Work hours can be long. Some weekends mixed in.

Discover more reviews about Shopify.