SYKES - The worst of the worst.... I pray, every day, to get away! | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

"The worst of the worst.... I pray, every day, to get away!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the price of gas, it saves... a little.

Cons

Where do I start? The salary SUCKS. They have the money to pay more, but don't. They make sure that you are listed as "part-time" so benefits are zero. They that every day & time is "mandatory", especially holidays, so that they do not have to give holiday pay. They made sure to read the labor law o they can skate around every benefit, and anything that would benefit the employee.

They care NOTHING about the employee. They demand that you work overtime under threat of repercussions, reprimands, etc. they want you to work when they want, how long they want, and then have the nerve to HINT to you that you cant check your work email, you schedule while you are on the clock. They can't tell you not to because that would be in violation of federal law, making you work off the clock, but with threats, innuendos and other bullying tactics that is what they do.

They expect employees to do everything for the customer and give us, the employee nothing in return. I found out that a different contractor that has an account with the same as sykes, is paying their employees a higher incentive to do THE EXACT SAME WORK!

They set everything up so that you have no out. If you want time off & try to give it to them well in advance, the system will not accept it. If you wait until the system accepts it, too bad, can't get it.

They briefly mentioned PTO, and benefits, and have said nothing about it since. If you ask, you get ignored. I guess they regretted it, changed their mind and hope that everybody develops amnesia.

Their software is a joke and they take every opportunity to try to say it is the employees issue, so they don't have to pay you while they fix their problems.

If you DARE voice your opinion, you are labeled a troublemaker and targeted, nit-picked and harassed.

Why am I still here? Can't find anywhere else to go. The SECOND I find another position they will get an earful before I quit.

Advice to Management

What difference would it make? The management knows exactly what they are doing. And are doing nothing to change it.... for the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

1. "Sykes Perry County"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love it! Great opportunities to grow and learn! Voted best place to work in Perry County 5 years in a row! Great training! Best pay for the job around! They will work with you!

Cons

None! I don't have any complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Good experience, bad money, but Ok i guess"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Budapest (Hungary)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Budapest (Hungary)

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, liberating, didnt mind too much working there, had fun at the corporate parties, the colleagues are mostly fun to talk to, generally all of them. Fun, liberating, didnt mind too much working there, had fun at the corporate parties, the colleagues are mostly fun to talk to, generally all of them.

Cons

Bad salary, have to work weird hours, like saturday nights, definately not enough money, bad placement of the building, expensive cafeteria. Bad salary, have to work weird hours, like saturday nights, definately not enough money, bad placement of the building, expensive cafeteria.

Advice to Management

Pay people more