Rogers Insurance - Broker | Glassdoor.ca

"Broker"

I have been working at Rogers Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, people are great to deal with and work with!

Cons

Pay is less than industry average, even with the "we pay competitively" staff typically leave for significant increased salaries. Workloads are not at reasonable levels anymore.

Other Employee Reviews for Rogers Insurance

1. "You can do better."

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time

Pros

Rogers Insurance is a relatively large insurance umbrella company. There is also lot's of human resources and staff to help you out.

Cons

The branding and marketing methodology is very 90's and borderline shady. There is a ton of office politics, and in addition to the lower than average salary & wages, you often feel like a replaceable peg. They expect you to work overtime w/o pay, etc.

2. "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Pros

No pros working for this company

Cons

I worked for Rogers Insurance a few years back and had to take leave for a few months to recover from emergency surgery. Upon my return I was terminated. I had only worked for Rogers for under a year and felt as though I was discriminated against for having a medical issue arise that was out of my control.

In my almost 20 year career in Insurance I have never been terminated from any job and have always been repsected and had positive review feedback from all other places of employment. I had done nothing at Rogers except provide excellent client service and perform my duties as I have always done throughout my career.

The organization is sexist and usually does not promote women from Account Management roles. Men are hired in as producers but gery rarely are women hired as producers. If a woman is lucky enough to obtain a producer role, they are generally hired in a such and almost never promoted into that role within the company.

The best part of this entire experience is that they must have had a lot of turnover over the years or have terminated numerous staff as the COO actually attempted to recruit me off of Linkedin once forgetting he had terminated me.

Would not recommend this place to work. They may dazzle you with their perks i.e. "bring your dog to work" policies but it is extremely clicky and sexist and they genuinely do not care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Bruce.