1. "Genuine Career focused brand"

Current Employee - Director
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I genuinely believe there is no better Recruitment company based in the UK for career progression, organic growth and entrepreneurial support and encouragement. Our culture. Having worked for another international recruiter within a Senior Management capacity/number UK biller and having friends in other competitors, I am extremely confident that Robert Walters has one of the best team cultures possible, I believe this is what gives us the edge with our staff retention but also creates a better and more efficient recruitment team. Its certainly been the USP from my offices which has helped us take market share and have zero turnover in over a year.

Cons

Our bonus structure to the external market can get bad press but if you have worked here you'll know that actually our bonus's are good and our overall OTE vs billings are higher than the majority of our competition add to that our opportunities for organic growth, our marketing and events strategy/team, team culture, work hard/play hard attitude, flexible working and empowerment for those with entrepreneurial drive....we are at the top of our game!

Continue reading
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, great team and great place to make money

Cons

So many opportunities to be had

2. COVID-19

"Wonderful experience - the best team & greatest opportunities to grow"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is simply no better place to launch a career in recruitment. Robert Walters SF is known on the market for their track record and rigor, with a laser focus on helping tech companies make difficult hires. To do so means producing some of the strongest and most well-rounded professional recruitment consultants in the Bay Area. RW takes a unique approach in hiring individuals with little to no experience in the field and they train you up to be an expert in your specialized function. As an employee who came in with no prior recruitment experience, it was an empowering journey to learn and grow at this company. Consultants at RW are hired for aptitude and potential, and brought into an on-boarding/training program that is best-in-class. You'll quickly learn the ropes of recruitment in a hands-on approach that gives individuals a lot of autonomy, fast. Management and senior staff are there to provide guidance, support, and all the tools you need, but ultimately your success is based on your own effort and drive. Those who are hungry to challenge themselves and develop professionally will thrive here. RW SF provides you the space to take on more responsibility from day one. You'll spend a lot of time upfront on candidate sourcing but will quickly take on a consultative approach with candidates and clients, responsible for everything that happens on your desk; from business development, contract and offer negotiation, to advising on interview processes or career moves. I was amazed how quickly I learned the market and felt confident having difficult conversations to wrangle even the most impressive and tenured candidates/clients - it's an incredible opportunity to build professional confidence in this way, especially so early in your career. You will be given clear metrics for what "success" looks like, as well as clear promotional targets. RW SF commits to "continued learning" in the form of offsite trainings for consultants at different stages in their career, management coaching, and collaboration with (and opportunities to visit!) other US or international offices. Last, but certainly not least - this is not just a job, and not just a career. This was a place I learned from some of the best mentors in the business and made some of the best friends in my life. The team that RW SF has built is the best you can find. Caring, collaborative, smart, fun, and driven… there is always someone to learn from and someone to lean on. All said and done, the people and team are what make RW SF what it is. Other pros: -Generous salary & additional incentives for success -Benefits: PTO/holidays; health; dental; increased emphasis on mental wellness; 401k match; commuter benefits, etc. -Flexible WFH arrangements (esp. since COVID, understandably) -Great office location (convenient and super nice space with gym access!) -International presence & ability to travel/transfer internationally -Training programs & continued education -Events: weekly team Happy Hour; quarterly celebration; annual Christmas party; etc.

Cons

You will experience times when the job can feel repetitive or in a "rut". Recruitment is cyclical so this is something that ebbs and flows. You'll always be busy and always feeling that there is something more that can be done - it's not a con, but it's important for consultants to understand the drive needed, and to find the work/life balance that works for them. Early on, KPIs and metrics are used to get consultants up to speed and on track for what a successful recruitment process looks like. This can be over-drilled on at times and is not for everyone, but ultimately I found this structure to be a benefit most of the time, and could be relaxed a bit at others. A few people have mentioned the technology. This has actually improved a lot as the leadership team listened to this feedback and have overhauled on that over the past 2-3 years. It's continuing to be improved upon, and a non-issue in my book.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Robert Walters.