Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place to work!

Apr 30, 2021 - Affiliate Channel Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Riipen is awesome for its Flexibility , growth, and culture!

Cons

Nothing to share here! :)

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great culture, hardcore sales expectations

Sep 15, 2021 - Industry Partnerships
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is amazing here and they value your growth

Cons

Lack of funding and HR department is a bit messy. Claims there are new role and even interviewed for it, but they informed me (after I asked) last minute they are no longer offering this position due to budgeting reasons.

Continue reading

Riipen Response

Hi there - thank you for sharing your experience working as an intern on our Employer partnerships team. I always appreciate sharing with your community the good and the not so good, it helps us know where to focus our efforts. We are thrilled that the culture resonated with you - it is something we are so so proud of, and you as an intern made a huge contribution to that culture, so thank you! I am not quite sure what you are referencing with the lack of an HR Department - we have a team of 3 (of which I am one) and as any start up, sometimes what we think we need as a role, transforms and is no longer required, or turns into something else, although we try and mitigate that wherever possible. Once again, thank you for sharing your Riipen experience with the world, internships are such an important part of Riipen and thank you for being a part of our story. - Sarah (Head of P&C)

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Entry Level Starting Point

Sep 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent introduction to Ed-Tech at the entry level - Good people first culture for the most part - Diverse team from across Canada/US - Good product market fit on educators side of the marketplace - Competitive salaries at the entry level, less so in more senior positions

Cons

- Some inexperienced leadership - a few excellent department heads with industry expertise to learn from, but certainly in the minority with turnover by key hires to these roles. - Lacking product market fit on the industry side of the platform - Lots of fire drills and changing direction - expected for a startup but excessive at this stage in the company's growth. Extremely counter productive and causes massive spikes in workload. - Lack of growth opportunity. Easy to outgrow your role and hit a ceiling.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Riipen.