Range Resources - My personal experience was very positive. | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Range Resources

"My personal experience was very positive."

Pros

As a woman in what some may consider a non-traditional field, I was always encouraged by my supervisor and department manager to continue to learn more and grow within the deparment.

Cons

There wasn't someone to talk to when issues came up in the office as Human Resources is located in Fort Worth.

Advice to Management

Hopefully, there is now someone available at all offices for personnel who may have issues arise when all their supervisors are out of town, i.e. HR. If not, perhaps there is an established "chain of command" plainly spelled out as to what the employee would do in such a case.

Other Employee Reviews for Range Resources

"It's Great If You Fit In"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

Good salary, nice office building and location, nice employees, It's close to Pittsburgh so that can be a plus if you like the city.

Cons

It may be hard to make friends within the company if you don't like to hunt, fish, boat, play poker, etc. I don't enjoy any of those and that is part of the reason why I am not working there anymore.

Advice to Management

Hire employees that have varied interests. All the employees seem to have very similar interests which may be limiting creativity.

"Anonymous"

I worked at Range Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, insurance is really good. Before changes in management there was a real effort to build a team. It was a great place to work a few years ago where I felt like my work was valued

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, forget about family, like being in high school with all the gossip and cliques - if you don't fit the mold you will be treated like garbage, hidden agendas - managers want to promote/hire only certain people (e.g. Their buddies)

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, follow through with what you say, try to build a team with better communication & no hidden agendas