Phuse - What a hot mess | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "What a hot mess"

I worked at Phuse full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, "unlimited" vacation, stipends for technology, office furniture, books, conferences, and health benefits plan. Flexible hours / flex-time, and work from home.

Cons

The CEO/owner is very ineffective, despite founding the firm. He holds his cards very close to his chest when it comes to sales, and though he's effective at bringing in new work, those projects are not passed on to the production team effectively. The statement of work is a single sentence stating the company will build a website or web app for the client, and the estimates are done based on the number of pages to be designed/built, instead of the features themselves. Therefore, there are constant cost overruns, at no fault to the designers or developers.

Continue reading
    Phuse2016-10-22

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A great agency with an even greater culture"

Former Employee - UI/User Experience Designer

I worked at Phuse full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Working hours allow for supplemental freelance work on the side (in fact, its encouraged) - Amazing family of designers, developers, and product people - Everyone has a voice, and will be met with respect when they share that voice - James does a great job at building client relationships and getting us hired by great clients you would want to work for. - Even though its a remote team, everyone is in constant communication - Awesome perks and stips

Cons

Pause is a small agency by design. This means that the projects you will work on are generally for small businesses and startups. While Phuse has worked with some high profile clients, you won't be getting a Microsoft or a Nike contract any time soon.

Continue reading
    Phuse2017-02-21
  2. "Great company, hard times"

I worked at Phuse full-time

Pros

Great management, and culture Solid work flexibility since we all WFH Smart, caring team Decent pay considering size of company, and region

Cons

It seemed that some of our prospects were apprehensive about us being 100% remote.

Phuse2018-02-11

Discover more reviews about Phuse.