Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

2 years at Petsmart

Jul 12, 2020 - Pet Care Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours for flexible availability Good part time work for students

Cons

Depending on management, animals are not the priority Lack of full time positions

PetSmart Response

Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all that you do for pets! We would also like to connect with you via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 so we can understand more about some of the things you mentioned above, as the safety of pets is our #1 priority. Thanks again!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people to be around

Cons

Low pay for what’s expectedp

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Corporation

Jun 11, 2021 - Customer Engagement Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a fun and interesting environment to grow and learn in. Your coworkers and much like you, fellow animal enthusiasts and lovers a like that come by to try and educate people about their favorite animals. Plus getting to hang with animals 8 hours a day ain't bad either.

Cons

The cons are much more beefy, once you get past the glitz and glamor of getting to work with animals it takes a pretty steady and steep nose dive. Let's start with corporate, they are probably one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The amount of care that is given to the animals is frankly abysmal, whenever they get caught they slap a bandaid on it and call it a day, but provide no hours to accommodate these new changes to animal care. Second the expectation on management and management, everyone in management at petsmart has drunken the kool-aid at one point or another. But these jellyfish people sit and complain about how gutted we are on hours but never give any pushback to corporate and just allow the floor people to slave away, and when it comes to management it is SUCH a hit or miss its almost laughable.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PetSmart.