Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good job that was ruined by unorganization and awful management.

Dec 14, 2019 - Pets Hotel Associate in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Surrounded by animals (if you love them). If you've had a bad day you still get to see silly, smiling puppies. 2. A proper company, never sketchy and don't have to worry about things like hours being cut each paycheck, every higher operation like payroll is by the book. 3. The people who work with animals are very like-minded and love animals, almost every employee was a joy to be around.

Cons

1. They throw you in without explanation, and if you make a mistake it's a dog that's at risk of the mistake 2. They leave you alone with the dogs, especially as a new employee. I was the only one around for a dog fight, I was put at fault because "how could you not know that breed has a high prey drive?" 3. Management is very aggressive, at least when I was there. 4. Management leaves you to do everything in the back, if you need help it's an annoyance (you're left walking 75 dogs, cleaning the messes they made if they puked or peed in their room which is always a lot of dogs, collecting and cleaning all the food dishes, cleaning the kitchen, hallways, checkouts, grooming, cleaning all the cats rooms, etc. within maybe 2 hours by yourself)

Continue reading

PetSmart Response

Social Media Community Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We're very sorry that this was your experience and would like to speak further about some of the things you mentioned above. Please feel free to call the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Jun 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in.

Cons

I would've loved to have gotten to work more hours, but this was a great experience.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Corporation

Jun 11, 2021 - Customer Engagement Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a fun and interesting environment to grow and learn in. Your coworkers and much like you, fellow animal enthusiasts and lovers a like that come by to try and educate people about their favorite animals. Plus getting to hang with animals 8 hours a day ain't bad either.

Cons

The cons are much more beefy, once you get past the glitz and glamor of getting to work with animals it takes a pretty steady and steep nose dive. Let's start with corporate, they are probably one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The amount of care that is given to the animals is frankly abysmal, whenever they get caught they slap a bandaid on it and call it a day, but provide no hours to accommodate these new changes to animal care. Second the expectation on management and management, everyone in management at petsmart has drunken the kool-aid at one point or another. But these jellyfish people sit and complain about how gutted we are on hours but never give any pushback to corporate and just allow the floor people to slave away, and when it comes to management it is SUCH a hit or miss its almost laughable.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PetSmart.