Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good job that was ruined by unorganization and awful management.

Dec 14, 2019 - Pets Hotel Associate in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Surrounded by animals (if you love them). If you've had a bad day you still get to see silly, smiling puppies. 2. A proper company, never sketchy and don't have to worry about things like hours being cut each paycheck, every higher operation like payroll is by the book. 3. The people who work with animals are very like-minded and love animals, almost every employee was a joy to be around.

Cons

1. They throw you in without explanation, and if you make a mistake it's a dog that's at risk of the mistake 2. They leave you alone with the dogs, especially as a new employee. I was the only one around for a dog fight, I was put at fault because "how could you not know that breed has a high prey drive?" 3. Management is very aggressive, at least when I was there. 4. Management leaves you to do everything in the back, if you need help it's an annoyance (you're left walking 75 dogs, cleaning the messes they made if they puked or peed in their room which is always a lot of dogs, collecting and cleaning all the food dishes, cleaning the kitchen, hallways, checkouts, grooming, cleaning all the cats rooms, etc. within maybe 2 hours by yourself)

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

PetSmart Response

Social Media Community Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We're very sorry that this was your experience and would like to speak further about some of the things you mentioned above. Please feel free to call the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

petsmart

Dec 20, 2021 - Petsmart Associate in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

paid weekly great managers awesome schedule

Cons

I wish there was more training on the job

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

great

Jan 19, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

it was great to work with petsmart

Cons

I dont have any cons

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PetSmart.