Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pet Care Specialist, PetsHotel associate

Jun 13, 2017 - Pet Care Specialist in Scarborough, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get to play with cute animals all the time. Managers are very nice and friendly. They're flexible with your shift scheduling as well. Coworkers are all animal lovers. It's a positive environment to work at since everyone there cares about animals deeply. The pay is alright since it's a low skill labor job. It's a good experience for people who want to work with animals since you get to see the corporate culture and how they keep everything very organized. It's a good entry-level job for people who just got out of school or are still in school but just want to get more animal related working experience.

Cons

The job was advertised as full time, but it ended up as part-time only with around 15 hours per week. I confirmed with my coworkers that quite a lot people experienced this false advertisement issue with their job postings. I was only told about the hours after 3 rounds of interviews. I felt like I've been lied to and wasted my time. But I decided to take this job over other full time offers from small businesses I got because I want to see what is like to work for a big corporate company. It's extremely hard to secure full-time positions here. Even coworkers who have been here a lot longer than me aren't getting enough hours. However, the management keeps hiring more people while no one is getting enough hours of work.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Enjoyed my job

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with, the schedule and the cute animals that would come in!

Cons

No major cons, I moved.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wonderful Part Time Job

Jul 27, 2021 - Professional Dog Bather
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to see dogs everyday The staff was mostly friendly You can make really good cash tips from pet parents

Cons

The system is a little bit messed up in the fact that the bathers and groomers can get screwed over when too many people book online bc petsmart wants to make more sales Also you will probably get bitten in your time working with dogs Labor intensive job

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PetSmart.