PBS Systems - Great place to work | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Over the last year, I’ve read many reviews posted here and would like to add my comments. I think that the people posting negative reviews do not have a lot of experience working for growing companies. The majority of the negative comments/complaints here are found at any corporate office. I have been fortunate to work for PBS for many years, in several positions, over my 10+ years with them. I am proud to work for a company who continues to grow every year. Yes, there have been challenges with the rapid growth, but the challenges I’ve seen are comparable to other companies I’ve worked for. The grass is not greener with another company, and actually, in my opinion, in many cases, upper management has been ahead of the game when making changes. PBS continues to hire experts in their fields so that the culture continues to successfully grow with the advice and guidance from these experts. If you work hard, PBS does recognize and reward you. The comment that only family or friends get promoted or favored is not true. PBS is a family-oriented business. Family started the business and other family members came on board. Over the years, employees have suggested to their family members to apply for positions, because PBS is a great company to work for. That shows that employees believe in PBS and enjoy working here. There is a huge number of people who have worked for PBS for over 10 years. Of course, these employees develop friendships with the owners and executive staff. These family and friends value PBS and believe in its vision, so they will work and go above and beyond to reach goals.

Cons

Limited parking some days, due to the company's growth.

Advice to Management

Would like to see all managers adopt the corporate values so that there is more continuity throughout departments in the company and to see formalized trainings for corporate initiatives that would enhance work environments and promote career growth.

PBS Systems2019-12-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Career Opportunity and Company Evaluation"

I have been working at PBS Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Innovative, nimble, and cooperative teamwork

Cons

start up challenges including new market entry

PBS Systems2015-12-15

"Look elsewhere."

I worked at PBS Systems full-time

Pros

cookie day, cookie day, cookie day, cookie day, cookie day

Cons

Lousy communication, Atrocious management, Poor organization, Uneducated managers, unskillful hires, poor direction and with software releases

Advice to Management

Willing to put up with and get blamed for managements mistakes, be overwhelmed constantly, work with a lot of incompetent people and get terrible raises? This is the place for you. This company really lacks communication between managers and departments. No information gets passed down to you until either last minute or not at all. You get handed the project and are expected to finish it within the very short time given, and on top of that you have several other projects to work on while managing other support ticket that swarm in daily. Oh wait, but there's more! On top of all that, you need to do other departments jobs too, because most departments are incapable of doing their own jobs. Projects are definitely not organized well as you are always overwhelmed and pressured to complete projects on time. There are no clear cut procedures in place for expectations. Just a lot of gray area where you're expected to just "know" what to do. If you do it wrong, you get in trouble for it. There is no follow-up from managers, so just don't ask for anything...ever. Don't promote gossiping they say, but that's all the managers do. The managers are unreliable, not knowledgeable with the software and incapable of leading their team. New hires aren't always very skilled in just basic computer knowledge nor are they always right for the job. If the managers "accidentally" have a bad hire, it's your job to fix them, so it doesn't look bad on management. If you can't fix them, then it's your fault. Expect to see people who don't deserve promotions get promoted to titles that don't even exist or titles they do not earn.

PBS Systems2017-06-14

Discover more reviews about PBS Systems.