Oracle - A place to learn and grow | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "A place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great place to start your career. Lots of training, guidance, mentorship. Fair compensation. Hard work is recognized. Great culture.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Oracle2020-02-11
  1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Life Balance is great.

Cons

There are no downsides other than big company bureaucracy

Oracle2019-11-20

"Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Continue reading
    Oracle2014-10-21

Discover more reviews about Oracle.