Opencare - Challenge yourself to be better, with the support needed to get there. | Glassdoor.ca

"Challenge yourself to be better, with the support needed to get there."

Current Employee - Employee At Opencare

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bourgeoning culture. The corporate culture at Opencare is developing and growing day by day. The best part is that you can join the team here and have a noticeable impact on it. Things aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture. A thoughtful and dedicated team. It is great to be around a group of very thoughtful people. Since joining Opencare, I... have found the team here really thinks things through, and emphasize using data to guide decisions. I get the sense that there isn't much we cannot accomplish. Office perks that make a difference. One of the perks of working here is we have our lunches catered every day. I don't have to think about what to make or bring to eat every day — one less thing to clutter my mind. Plus I find getting to sit with the team over a shared meal is a great way to forge bonds. We are all in this together. Having strong executive leadership dedicated to transparency makes it easy to feel "we are all in this together." Regular town halls where team members can ask any question go a long way to keep things clear and ensure we are all on the same page.

Cons

Working in a startup isn't for everyone. There is no shortage of problems to solve, and priorities can change very quickly. Opencare, like many businesses in their position, needs to be mindful not to create new problems while solving for others.

Advice to Management

You build up your people, keep everyone mission-focused, and aren't afraid of trying new things. Keep up the great job.

Opencare2019-08-27

Other Employee Reviews

"World's BEST Culture, Rewarding Work & Supported Personal & Professional Development"

Current Employee - Enablement in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nearly 5 months in and I can truly say with confidence that Opencare is the best place that I have ever worked. - Amazing, collaborative & kind culture with an emphasis on well-being that is actively supported by management. - Transparent leadership, with weekly updates from the founders. - Personal and professional development is valued and supported at all levels. - A truly close team working toward... common goals. - A diverse, safe and inclusive safe for all in which you can bring your whole self to work.

Cons

I'll let you know if I find any! (It's a startup, a willingness to hustle is necessary and comfortability in ambiguity and changing requirements is a must)!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Opencare2019-08-23

"Amazing culture and rewarding work!"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a huge emphasis on personal development so there are a lot of opportunities for personal and professional growth. The cofounders really encourage and model work life balance and being your optimal healthy self. It's supported by the cultural values as well as all the company perks such as unlimited vacation, free massages, free access to a performance psychologist and flexible work hours. The work... itself is also super rewarding since you're helping real people find a better dentist, and you're helping dental business gain new patients. It's a win-win-win philosophy, that makes you feel good about coming to work everyday. Aside from all the already mentioned perks, there are also daily catered organic lunches which are delicious and such a time saver!

Cons

The company is growing really quickly, which comes with its own growing pains. There are still some processes that will need to be made scalable to make sure that we can continue to scale at this pace.

Advice to Management

Opencare has an amazing culture and I hope we can continue to keep it this great as we scale!

Opencare2019-04-08

Discover more reviews about Opencare.