Opencare - Great place to work for passionate people who want to learn! | Glassdoor.ca

"Great place to work for passionate people who want to learn!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working on the Opencare engineering team for less than a year and I'm happy to say that everything that was sold to me in the interview process is true (and then some). It's an incredibly dedicated team of passionate people who want to do things the right way and are constantly looking to improve. We have a great product that solves an interesting problem the business vision is clearly defined so its... easy to feel proud of and excited about what you're doing. Pros: - really flexible work from home and vacation policy as well as the ability to set your own hours help promote a great work/life balance and allow you to make sure that when you're at work you're performing at your best - the leadership team openly encourages/accepts feedback from employees. what's more is they take our feedback seriously and turn it into action items - the company takes DIBs (diversity, inclusion & belonging) at work seriously!!! we've been doing a lot of work with bright + early and have recently started an internal dibs guild to ensure that we are always improving. the founders and leadership team talk about diversity and their hiring plans very openly as well which is really unique for the toronto tech start up space, i.e this is NOT the typical bro-y startup culture focused on drinking. - we're a small team so there's a huge opportunity to make an impact as well as learn from all sides of the business. as an engineer i get to regularly interact and collaborate with designers, product managers, customer success managers and even sales and marketing to ensure we're delivering the best product. this has lead to a lot of unique learning opportunities for me! - lots of career growth and development opportunities! there isn't a cap on learning, if you want to take a class or purchase a book or whatever it is you do to learn the company will support you. the leadership team is dedicated to your professional development: your manager will have regular check ins with you and help you define in set goals to drive you closer to your overarching career goals. recently we've done some cool initiatives to help people find mentors in the field as well

Cons

It's a start up so things move fast and you have to juggle multiple priorities. for some this is an exciting challenge and an environment in which they can thrive and for others this can be overwhelming. If you want to work here recognize where you are on that scale but if you're passionate about what you do and are eager to learn and grow then know you'd be joining a team of like minded people who want to support... you and help you reach your goals.

Advice to Management

Keep doing all the things you're already doing - you've created such a special little pocket in the toronto tech scene! I believe in the future of this company and product and i'm excited to see what else will happen in my time here (which will be long)!

Opencare2019-02-21

Other Employee Reviews

"Challenge yourself to be better, with the support needed to get there."

Current Employee - Employee At Opencare

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bourgeoning culture. The corporate culture at Opencare is developing and growing day by day. The best part is that you can join the team here and have a noticeable impact on it. Things aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture. A thoughtful and dedicated team. It is great to be around a group of very thoughtful people. Since joining Opencare, I... have found the team here really thinks things through, and emphasize using data to guide decisions. I get the sense that there isn't much we cannot accomplish. Office perks that make a difference. One of the perks of working here is we have our lunches catered every day. I don't have to think about what to make or bring to eat every day — one less thing to clutter my mind. Plus I find getting to sit with the team over a shared meal is a great way to forge bonds. We are all in this together. Having strong executive leadership dedicated to transparency makes it easy to feel "we are all in this together." Regular town halls where team members can ask any question go a long way to keep things clear and ensure we are all on the same page.

Cons

Working in a startup isn't for everyone. There is no shortage of problems to solve, and priorities can change very quickly. Opencare, like many businesses in their position, needs to be mindful not to create new problems while solving for others.

Advice to Management

You build up your people, keep everyone mission-focused, and aren't afraid of trying new things. Keep up the great job.

Opencare2019-08-27

"World's BEST Culture, Rewarding Work & Supported Personal & Professional Development"

Current Employee - Enablement in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nearly 5 months in and I can truly say with confidence that Opencare is the best place that I have ever worked. - Amazing, collaborative & kind culture with an emphasis on well-being that is actively supported by management. - Transparent leadership, with weekly updates from the founders. - Personal and professional development is valued and supported at all levels. - A truly close team working toward... common goals. - A diverse, safe and inclusive safe for all in which you can bring your whole self to work.

Cons

I'll let you know if I find any! (It's a startup, a willingness to hustle is necessary and comfortability in ambiguity and changing requirements is a must)!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Opencare2019-08-23

Discover more reviews about Opencare.