Opencare - Talented, thoughtful, and true to their values | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Talented, thoughtful, and true to their values"

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Opencare are some of the most thoughtful and talented individuals I've ever met! A lot of people speak about "hiring people that are smarter than you" but Opencare is the first place I've really seen this become reality.

Everyone is involved in major decision making from day 1, and there is complete transparency about all aspects of the company (including the full financials) to ensure everyone is a true stakeholder. New hires are quickly entrusted with high-value, high-impact projects with lots of autonomy and support from leaders; a very refreshing change to previous organizations.

The values that are articulated on the website are strictly adhered to in hiring so the culture really does match with what the Founders wanted to build. This makes hiring slow but the calibre of individuals that join allows them to integrate and contribute very quickly.

The leadership is committed to building a long-term sustainable company and really emphasize the need for the team to take time for rest, recuperation, and a focus on wellness.

Overall, I have a tremendous sense of excitement heading to work everyday and look forward to learning and growing with the team around me.

Cons

Hiring does take a long time (due to the focus on hiring people that add to the culture) which means there are some gaps on the team for a while. This can place strain on teams but the managers do try to provide insight and visibility into the work being done to address it.

The fast pace of work can lead to rapid changes in direction and de-prioritized work. This is to be expected in a start up but can be frustrating if you are not used to it.

Advice to Management

Continue to think and look critically at the business and avoid getting swept up in your own hype. You're building something very special and we're excited to be along for the journey!

Continue to share freely and speak openly about decisions and changes, it makes a huge difference to the team.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love what I do any more than I did before..."

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the most intelligent, genuine, and passionate group of people I have had the chance to work with. Being at Opencare has been inspiring, and has made me fall in love with what I do more than ever before. Highlights:

*incredible personal and professional growth opportunities eg access to a performance psychologist on a regular basis, hard work is rewarded (promotions as early as 6 months in)

*the company is growing rapidly and is very healthy, the runway and potential for for Opencare is amazing (this is going to be something big)

*Leadership is outstanding - the founders are very experienced, focussed, 100% transparent about all aspects of the business

*Ownership from day one, all the resources you need to help you reach potential you didn't realize you even had

*very competitive compensation, equity, great benefits and perks (including in-office massages, daily catered organic lunch, unlimited vacation and PTO)

*great work life balance - taking a proactive and holistic approach to your own health and well being is engrained in the culture, and leadership practices what they preach - if you look tired, you will be asked to take time off to rest.

*every decision made in this place is data driven, deliberate, and well thought out.

Cons

*typical startup growing pains - every day presents a new challenge, process is constantly under construction, and you have to be scrappy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An extremely efficient team, minimal redundant process
    - People here are really smart and genuine, very good at what they are doing, love to share, trust each other. They are one of the major reason that I am happy at work every day.
    - A very diverse team so you can learn a lot of interesting things from them
    - Founders are open, transparent, honest, leading the team towards a good direction

Cons

- Things are less structural, less organized
    - People are self-starter so if you need a lot of guidance then probably here is not the most suitable place for you
    - High pressure, fast pace, come on, it's a startup!

Advice to Management

- Please continue to keep the transparent, open and honest culture, open to new /different ideas.
    - We can only perform at our best when we feel the lowest level of threads and be able to speak up. It's important that we can continue to learn from failure, instead of hiding them and only BS about the shiny achievements.

Discover more reviews about Opencare.