Opencare - Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love what I do any more than I did before... | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love what I do any more than I did before..."

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the most intelligent, genuine, and passionate group of people I have had the chance to work with. Being at Opencare has been inspiring, and has made me fall in love with what I do more than ever before. Highlights:

*incredible personal and professional growth opportunities eg access to a performance psychologist on a regular basis, hard work is rewarded (promotions as early as 6 months in)

*the company is growing rapidly and is very healthy, the runway and potential for for Opencare is amazing (this is going to be something big)

*Leadership is outstanding - the founders are very experienced, focussed, 100% transparent about all aspects of the business

*Ownership from day one, all the resources you need to help you reach potential you didn't realize you even had

*very competitive compensation, equity, great benefits and perks (including in-office massages, daily catered organic lunch, unlimited vacation and PTO)

*great work life balance - taking a proactive and holistic approach to your own health and well being is engrained in the culture, and leadership practices what they preach - if you look tired, you will be asked to take time off to rest.

*every decision made in this place is data driven, deliberate, and well thought out.

Cons

*typical startup growing pains - every day presents a new challenge, process is constantly under construction, and you have to be scrappy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An extremely efficient team, minimal redundant process
    - People here are really smart and genuine, very good at what they are doing, love to share, trust each other. They are one of the major reason that I am happy at work every day.
    - A very diverse team so you can learn a lot of interesting things from them
    - Founders are open, transparent, honest, leading the team towards a good direction

Cons

- Things are less structural, less organized
    - People are self-starter so if you need a lot of guidance then probably here is not the most suitable place for you
    - High pressure, fast pace, come on, it's a startup!

Advice to Management

- Please continue to keep the transparent, open and honest culture, open to new /different ideas.
    - We can only perform at our best when we feel the lowest level of threads and be able to speak up. It's important that we can continue to learn from failure, instead of hiding them and only BS about the shiny achievements.

2. "Positive & engaging workplace and team"

I have been working at Opencare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- An extremely thoughtful team that is committed and excited about the problems we're trying to solve in healthcare
    - Culture fit is a top priority. Everyone on the team gets along. Definitely makes coming in to work a lot easier when the people you work with are not only really smart but you genuinely like them as people and want to hang out with them outside of work
    - Lots of cross-team collaboration
    - Supportive leadership team
    - Clear company goals and alignment
    - Cosy (open) office space
    - Healthy snacks

Cons

Opencare is still a relatively young startup with a younger team. But with that being said, what people lack in experience they make up for in their due diligence with research, talking to others in the industry and data gathering through testing.

Advice to Management

- Continue being transparent and honest about the business
    - Try and maintain the high standards for hiring
    - Continue building out long term strategy and plan

Basically...keep doing what you're doing!

Discover more reviews about Opencare.