Opencare - Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love what I do any more than I did before... | Glassdoor.ca

"Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love what I do any more than I did before..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the most intelligent, genuine, and passionate group of people I have had the chance to work with. Being at Opencare has been inspiring, and has made me fall in love with what I do more than ever before. Highlights: *incredible personal and professional growth opportunities eg access to a performance psychologist on a regular basis, hard work is rewarded (promotions as early as 6 months... in) *the company is growing rapidly and is very healthy, the runway and potential for for Opencare is amazing (this is going to be something big) *Leadership is outstanding - the founders are very experienced, focussed, 100% transparent about all aspects of the business *Ownership from day one, all the resources you need to help you reach potential you didn't realize you even had *very competitive compensation, equity, great benefits and perks (including in-office massages, daily catered organic lunch, unlimited vacation and PTO) *great work life balance - taking a proactive and holistic approach to your own health and well being is engrained in the culture, and leadership practices what they preach - if you look tired, you will be asked to take time off to rest. *every decision made in this place is data driven, deliberate, and well thought out.

Cons

*typical startup growing pains - every day presents a new challenge, process is constantly under construction, and you have to be scrappy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Opencare2018-11-08

Other Employee Reviews

"Challenge yourself to be better, with the support needed to get there."

Current Employee - Employee At Opencare

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bourgeoning culture. The corporate culture at Opencare is developing and growing day by day. The best part is that you can join the team here and have a noticeable impact on it. Things aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture. A thoughtful and dedicated team. It is great to be around a group of very thoughtful people. Since joining Opencare, I... have found the team here really thinks things through, and emphasize using data to guide decisions. I get the sense that there isn't much we cannot accomplish. Office perks that make a difference. One of the perks of working here is we have our lunches catered every day. I don't have to think about what to make or bring to eat every day — one less thing to clutter my mind. Plus I find getting to sit with the team over a shared meal is a great way to forge bonds. We are all in this together. Having strong executive leadership dedicated to transparency makes it easy to feel "we are all in this together." Regular town halls where team members can ask any question go a long way to keep things clear and ensure we are all on the same page.

Cons

Working in a startup isn't for everyone. There is no shortage of problems to solve, and priorities can change very quickly. Opencare, like many businesses in their position, needs to be mindful not to create new problems while solving for others.

Advice to Management

You build up your people, keep everyone mission-focused, and aren't afraid of trying new things. Keep up the great job.

Opencare2019-08-27

"World's BEST Culture, Rewarding Work & Supported Personal & Professional Development"

Current Employee - Enablement in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nearly 5 months in and I can truly say with confidence that Opencare is the best place that I have ever worked. - Amazing, collaborative & kind culture with an emphasis on well-being that is actively supported by management. - Transparent leadership, with weekly updates from the founders. - Personal and professional development is valued and supported at all levels. - A truly close team working toward... common goals. - A diverse, safe and inclusive safe for all in which you can bring your whole self to work.

Cons

I'll let you know if I find any! (It's a startup, a willingness to hustle is necessary and comfortability in ambiguity and changing requirements is a must)!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Opencare2019-08-23

Discover more reviews about Opencare.