Opencare - Great environment to grow | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great environment to grow"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Incredibly smart and talented team, full of humble and sincere people
Founders are invested in your growth and push you out of your comfort zone
Company is working on meaty problems that can have a very positive impact
Team is constantly looking for ways to improve processes and evolve to increase productivity.
Very rigorous hiring process means that we bring on not only talented people but also people who are a great fit with our company culture

Cons

Still a relatively young team, so processes are always evolving. Need to be able to thrive on change.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Unlimited personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best place to work in Toronto to grow as an individual and as a professional. Get to work with people smarter than you and learn new things on a daily basis.

Cons

You have to be prepared to give the best of yourself at all times, this is not an easy ride.

Advice to Management

Thank you for enabling such a great company culture and for setting an high bar for ourselves. Keep up the great work!

2. "Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Without exaggerating, this is by far the best place I've ever worked. The team is exceptional, and you can tell that the founders have spent a lot of time carefully hiring each member. The work here is meaningful and exciting, and the growth-first culture has made me a better person and a better professional. The pay is great in both salary and equity, despite being a relatively early startup (we are well funded). The founders also preach work-life balance very heavily and encourage a focus on your personal life/family/taking vacation.

I would recommend this place to anyone, if you can get past the hiring process :)

Cons

There are not many cons. If you need a lot of direction and want a hands on manager, this may not be the place for you. There is a ton of autonomy and individual ownership, and the managers are more of leaders/coaches, so some might struggle if they have a hard time with self-direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Opencare is the biggest hidden gem in the Toronto tech community.

Discover more reviews about Opencare.