Opencare - Unlimited personal and professional growth | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Unlimited personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best place to work in Toronto to grow as an individual and as a professional. Get to work with people smarter than you and learn new things on a daily basis.

Cons

You have to be prepared to give the best of yourself at all times, this is not an easy ride.

Advice to Management

Thank you for enabling such a great company culture and for setting an high bar for ourselves. Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Without exaggerating, this is by far the best place I've ever worked. The team is exceptional, and you can tell that the founders have spent a lot of time carefully hiring each member. The work here is meaningful and exciting, and the growth-first culture has made me a better person and a better professional. The pay is great in both salary and equity, despite being a relatively early startup (we are well funded). The founders also preach work-life balance very heavily and encourage a focus on your personal life/family/taking vacation.

I would recommend this place to anyone, if you can get past the hiring process :)

Cons

There are not many cons. If you need a lot of direction and want a hands on manager, this may not be the place for you. There is a ton of autonomy and individual ownership, and the managers are more of leaders/coaches, so some might struggle if they have a hard time with self-direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Opencare is the biggest hidden gem in the Toronto tech community.

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON

Pros

• A tightly knit team of thoughtful, ambitious and driven people
    • Solve big problems - getting the best healthcare possible is something that matters to every human being
    • Unlimited vacation time and flexible hours
    • Fridge fully stocked with freshly pressed juices and snacks

Cons

Absolutely no complaints. After interning here last summer I didn't even both looking for a job anywhere else. Opencare is an amazing place to work.

Discover more reviews about Opencare.