Opencare - Best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Without exaggerating, this is by far the best place I've ever worked. The team is exceptional, and you can tell that the founders have spent a lot of time carefully hiring each member. The work here is meaningful and exciting, and the growth-first culture has made me a better person and a better professional. The pay is great in both salary and equity, despite being a relatively early startup (we are well funded). The founders also preach work-life balance very heavily and encourage a focus on your personal life/family/taking vacation.

I would recommend this place to anyone, if you can get past the hiring process :)

Cons

There are not many cons. If you need a lot of direction and want a hands on manager, this may not be the place for you. There is a ton of autonomy and individual ownership, and the managers are more of leaders/coaches, so some might struggle if they have a hard time with self-direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Opencare is the biggest hidden gem in the Toronto tech community.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Toronto, ON

Pros

• A tightly knit team of thoughtful, ambitious and driven people
    • Solve big problems - getting the best healthcare possible is something that matters to every human being
    • Unlimited vacation time and flexible hours
    • Fridge fully stocked with freshly pressed juices and snacks

Cons

Absolutely no complaints. After interning here last summer I didn't even both looking for a job anywhere else. Opencare is an amazing place to work.

"Awesome team working on meaningful problem"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Amazingly gifted team solving challenging growth, product and technical challenges to make a difference in a meaningful industry. Opencare is a great place to be if you're a top performer and like working in a fast paced, results oriented environment. We work hard and play hard. There's no place I'd rather be!

Cons

It's a startup and like any other rapidly growing startup, you'll need to be prepared to work hard and occasionally longer than you would at a typical 9-5 company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Discover more reviews about Opencare.