Opencare - Best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor.ca

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Without exaggerating, this is by far the best place I've ever worked. The team is exceptional, and you can tell that the founders have spent a lot of time carefully hiring each member. The work here is meaningful and exciting, and the growth-first culture has made me a better person and a better professional. The pay is great in both salary and equity, despite being a relatively early startup (we are well funded). The founders also preach work-life balance very heavily and encourage a focus on your personal life/family/taking vacation. I would recommend this place to anyone, if you can get past the hiring process :)

Cons

There are not many cons. If you need a lot of direction and want a hands on manager, this may not be the place for you. There is a ton of autonomy and individual ownership, and the managers are more of leaders/coaches, so some might struggle if they have a hard time with self-direction.

Continue reading
    Opencare2017-02-24

Other Employee Reviews

"Sales"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

-Dynamic and vibrant start-up with the most intelligent team I've ever been a part of -Founders are very thoughtful in everything they do and completely transparent with the rest of the team. Lines of communication are open and they are always looking for feedback and advice. -Huge growth opportunities from a development and career advancement perspective -Smaller teams make it easy to understand every aspect of the business and the direct impact you have in your direct role and to other parts of the business -Work closely with management to improve roles, processes, targets -Flexible startup culture allows for flexibility with work schedule and working remotely -Fantastic open-concept office space, more and more perks as company grows.

Cons

-small team and high growth means you have to wear a lot of different hats and step outside of your role sometimes... not for someone looking for set instructions or a stagnant role -constant growth also means constant reflection and constant changes in terms of goals and targets. -limited resources can mean that we are unable to do everything we would like to try right now.. this is constantly getting better with efficiency and additional resources

Continue reading
    Opencare2017-07-13

"Great people"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Working with such an amazing group of people

Cons

Need a professional development program

Opencare2018-08-15

Discover more reviews about Opencare.