OpenText - Finance department | Glassdoor.ca

"Finance department"

Current Employee - Finance Department in Waterloo, ON

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people, treat you with respect. Buildings are nice, good cafeteria offering variety of food at decent prices, free Starbucks coffee, teas, kombucha. Company is always acquiring companies and restructuring which means it is a very fast pace environment, you learn a lot of things every day, which at times could also be frustrating. Due to the size of the company your responsibilities are concentrated in only one small area, but there are opportunities to move and growth. Benefits are average of a big corporation, however, education assistance and wellness benefits has been the same amounts for the past 6+ years.

Cons

No training, basically you sit down and start asking co-workers how to do things, but managers expect you to deliver things on-time. The number of Directors had increased but not staff, too many executives with no knowledge of the area causing additional work or non-value added tasks to their staff. Salary is way below market, benefits are not great, work-life balance was good but not so much right now.

OpenText2019-03-19
  1. "Best training ever!"

Current Employee - Sales AE in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at OpenText full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for Opentext for just over 8 weeks. As a Sales Executive, I have been through lots of sales training. Different methodologies such as SPIN, Challenger, etc. I just returned from Sales University at Opentext and without a doubt, this is the best training I have ever received. The company sent 10 solution/industry experts to spend two solid weeks with us trainees. In depth presentation skills, product knowledge and how to access the multitude of team members was incredible. The experts spent time away from their "day" jobs to teach us, often one on one, about the tips and tricks of being successful at Opentext. This is a great company with so many solutions to offer our customers. The training has confirmed it, I have landed at my dream job!! Challenging but very rewarding.

Cons

The one small con I have about the company is that creating a quote/proposal and deal for a customer is very complex and time consuming, especially when proposing a cloud deal.

Continue reading
    OpenText2020-02-02
  2. "Flexible, fast paced fire drill prone company"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

fast paced company, lots of growth

Cons

Leadership changed focus monthly leading to an unclear vision for goals- fire drills a regular occurrence.

OpenText2020-02-21

Discover more reviews about OpenText.