"It all started off so well"

Current Employee - Delivery Team Member in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had a fantastic feeling of comradery within the Delivery Centre, great communication and very strong leadership on-site. Solid processes and very clear plan of delivery from the project managers, with integrated support from testing and all developers - a real team spirit. Used to have lots of social events and Friday Meeting with Head of Delivery was always enjoyable.

Cons

Only had one customer. Lost that customer. We all lost our jobs. Either bad insight by senior management or poor sales but company crumbled beneath their feet.

Continue reading
    Netbuilder2019-10-16

Other Employee Reviews

"Flown from USA to train for 3 months at the Worthing, UK office. Now working as a consultant back in USA."

5.0
    Current Employee - Gateway Consultant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great way to get your foot in the door in the IT industry * The culture of the company feels very young and fun, but also professional * Hard work and determination always gets noticed and will get you far * The training offered is applicable in many different areas of IT and Business * Trainers make an effort to get to know each trainee's personality and strengths/weaknesses * If you're American, you will probably get to go to England, which is just bloody brilliant mate

Cons

* Decisions are made very quickly * You may be trained in a specialization that is so new that it doesn't have a trainer or much material to learn from * Must be geographically flexible * It can feel like you have no control of your own fate, which is a con for life in general

Netbuilder2015-04-01
  2. "NETbuilder, a company of broken promises"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Netbuilder full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get the cheapest perkbox package and a fair number of holidays. The people in the delivery centre are very friendly, often going to the pub for lunch on a Friday.

Cons

I was hired and had to assemble my workstation on my first day. I was then told to research a technology on my own for the next few weeks. I was given no formal training and was put on to a client facing role straight away. The company is archaic when it comes to employee benefits. No flexi time, no work from home policy, the cheapest band of Perkbox rewards and no bonuses. For a company that moved to trendy Brighton, it is very behind the times in this area. The company has absolutely no career development. No training is offered and no matter how hard you work, your hard work is not recognised. You are just another cog in the machine and you will feel like it. You will be underpaid for your role. You will not be paid overtime, no matter how necessary your work was. You will be given personal objectives tied to pay rises and promotions, you are expected to these in your own time as "you must be billing". I was always at 100% utilisation and never given anytime to work on my objectives during office hours. The sales department is an absolute farce with a complete inability to find new work. We were promised work holidays to France and Spain, both of which never happened. We were heavily pressured to pass an exam that required a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Of course, we were given no time at work to prepare for this exam. There is a massive disconnect between senior management and the work force. You can get glowing feedback from a partner or client and no positive feedback from the company at all. There is no sick pay unless you are off for more than 3 days at once, even then it’s statutory, if someone gets ill, they feel obligated to come into work, spreading the illness round the office like wildfire. This company expects everything and gives nothing in return.

Continue reading
    Netbuilder2019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Netbuilder.