Myplanet - By far the best company I've worked for | Glassdoor.ca

"By far the best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Organization genuinely cares about their employees - Structured soft & hard skills development and professional growth - Good opportunities for career progression - Interesting mix of enterprise-level clients and projects - Plenty of learning opportunities, including regular in-office talks, library, online resources and more - Welcoming, open and diverse culture - Awesome, hard-working colleagues who... are real experts in their respective fields - Very flexible on WFH and core hours - they realize that employees have lives outside of the office - The Leadership Team are available, communicative and hands-on - Strike an excellent balance of autonomy and support - So. Many. Dogs.

Cons

- Work can ramp up and down quickly, meaning some days might be very quiet while others are extremely busy - this doesn't suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Communication is very open at the moment between the Leadership Team and employees, as we continue to scale as an organization I think it's important to find new ways to ensure this continues.

Myplanet2019-05-08

Myplanet Response

June 13, 2019Content & Community Strategy

Great to hear you’ve had such a positive first year at Myplanet (and that you like the growing population of dogs!). You’re absolutely right about the challenges faced in professional services settings like ours: trying to predict and balance project workloads to maintain a steady cadence for everyone isn’t always possible, but we strive to ensure it never goes too far out of whack. Of course, if ever you feel it does, please reach out to the Core Leadership Team and/or your personal growth mentor so they can do their best to respond accordingly.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great people, great culture, interesting work. What's not to love?"

Current Contractor - Product Strategist

I have been working at Myplanet for more than a year

Pros

- Great CEO and leadership team that actually cares about employees - Amazing work culture and opportunities to work on interesting projects - Transparency and expectations setup from the beginning

Cons

- Have to fight for allocation of developers and designers sometimes

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you're doing right now - Try to allocate people 100% on projects when possible, as opposed to 50-50 splits

Myplanet2019-08-24
  2. "Great working environment, great people and tons of benefits!"

Current Employee - Event & Advocate Marketing Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- people are fantastic - you have the freedom to work in the environment that best suits you - incredible benefits - workplace activities which encourages interaction and collaboration with colleagues - CEO is transparent with the company and the future. Can ask questions in an anonymous method with respectible and honest answers. CEO wants to listen to new ideas and promote this transparent attitude (cares... about all employees)

Cons

- you are responsible for your own work, no one is going to babysit you (doesn't work for all) - there is a lot to learn at first - you must be willing to take initiative in learning what you need to know and how the company works to succeed

Myplanet2019-07-26

Myplanet Response

August 20, 2019Content & Community Strategy

We're so glad you called out being responsible for your own work and the need to take initiative to tackle your own learning, because that's such a key element to how we do business. Of course every team member should know they can rely on each other to help out when needed and feel comfortable asking question— we never want anyone to feel they can't turn to someone for advice or assistance. But ultimately we really do believe in autonomy over activities and accountability over outcomes (we've even written about on our blog: https://medium.com/myplanet-musings/autonomy-for-activities-accountability-over-outcomes-fa4b5e7d159b). That means there is a lot of opportunity to forge one's own path, but also that it's up to the individual to do so. It's something that has worked well for us through the years and suits our lean, agile work style, but it's not always an easy thing to adapt to for folks, especially if they're not used to it. Definitely in those first few weeks it can feel overwhelming, but hopefully you've settled into things now and are feeling more comfortable charting your own course (and if not, please don't hesitate to reach out to colleagues— we're better when we work together to solve problems!).

Discover more reviews about Myplanet.