Mott MacDonald - Great careers at Mott MacDonald | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Mott MacDonald

"Great careers at Mott MacDonald"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Mott MacDonald full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A firm that you join for a career and not a job. The fact that the firm is owned by the senior staff makes a real difference. Always looking to make the right decisions for the future.

Cons

None significant downsides to working for Mott MacDonald

Other Employee Reviews for Mott MacDonald

1. "Very proud to work for this company"

I have been working at Mott MacDonald full-time

Pros

I feel really cared for and supported since I joined. One of my making reasons for changing from my previous company was that I needed a better work/life balance, which I have managed to achieve.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for working at Mott Macdonald, I feel like there is a lot of potential for career development here.

2. "Year at Motts"

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Former Contractor - Software Developer in Auckland (New Zealand)

I worked at Mott MacDonald as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The product was interesting, it was a geospatial SPA for water engineers. There was a lot of scope to wear different hats and lots of experimentation. The engineers are all really fun and nice people. I learned a lot.

Cons

Mott MacDonald is not a software company and is not set up for smooth software releases. We worked like the engineers worked which is that you get a set amount of time and you must release inside that time. We ended up rushing out bad code because of this policy and our code debt was horrendous. There was no time to fix things up or do maintenance.

Advice to Management

If you are going to have software developers then you need to support them. Software and engineering don't work the same way, with software most of the time your initial estimates are wrong and the product is not well scoped. You can't continually rush code, it will collapse.