"Working Here"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)

I have been working at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work , highly recommend.

Cons

The hours are long but when you get use to the Company football tickets and take advantage of the weekend breaks to Marbella and other locations you can justify long hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Mortimer Bell International

1. "Excellent Place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle, England (UK)

I have been working at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic office environment with very friendly and helpful staff. From the day I started the support and guidance has been second to non. The initial 3 day training course set me up for what was to come. Throughout my time here there senior members of staff have been nothing but helpful and supportive guiding me in the right direction. If mistakes are made then colleagues are always there to help a guiding hand. The office goes against the "norm" for what peoples perceptions of "office environment" is like, everyone is treat as an equal where success and failure are shared with everyone. It's not very often you can wake up on a morning and be excited to go to work in a fun, fast paced environment.

Cons

The hours of work are very long which minimises social time but....the rewards at the end of the day are worth the hours worked.

Advice to Management

Strive for greatness every single day, success is right around the corner...there's no such thing as "wasted" effort!

2. "Was concerend due to previous reviews but after joining Mortimer Bell i think it a great place to work"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Newcastle, England (UK)

I have been working at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As mentioned above in the title i was concerned about applyign for a job at this company due to some negative reviews. But netherless i decieded to make me own opionion and go for a interview. I also interviewed at other recruitment agencys in Newcastle Nigel Frank and Hays and i decided that i would accept the offer at Mortimer Bell. I can see the company has made changes and there has been New manager appointed who is very approachable and i was given 1 week class room training before touching the phones and for someone like me who is new to recruitment this was very helpful. I am really enjoying working here and recently done my first placement and again I had no issues receiving my commission. I wouldn't take the negative reviews into account too much and go for a interview and make your own operation like I did.

Cons

Not specific to MBI but the hours in recruitment can get draining sometimes.